Planet strike help! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Expansions Newly expanded to include Planetstrike and Cities of Death discussion in addition to Apocalypse!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Default Planet strike help!

Ok, I've got a tourny comming up at the FLGS and the order of the day is planet strike. Below is the way its going to go:

SCENARIOS **IMPORTANT**:
Players must bring 2 LISTS to this event: Attacker and Defender. Attacker Lists are 1250pts and Defender Lists are 1500pts. The only choice that must be the same between the two lists is the Mandatory HQ Choice. See below for Force Organization requirements.

Special Rules

Shock Tactics

Scramble – All attacking units begin the game in Reserve.

The Defender gains the following Stratagems (only the Defender may use these, if able)
Declare these on a terrain piece during step 3.

Power Generator –

Void Shield –

ROUNDS:
3 rounds @ 90 minute time limit

He also posted the way to set up and all that but I took it out as to not attract the angry GW fist.

I also know that all of the terrain will be provided so as to not allow for the walling off of table edges. You will only get 8 peices and 5 must be objectives, as far as I know.

This brings me to my questions.

1.) If the attacker fails to take an objective does it count for the defender by default, reguardless of defending units location.

2.) The void shield peice of terrain protects units from firestorm, but does the unit have to be fully in the terrain? I ask because I would love to start my battle wagon on the table, but I cant know if he will fit with in the footprint of what whatever forest or ruin I stick the void shield on.

2.1) Can a vehicle start in difficult terrain? I cant find anything saying I cant, but I would'nt know if it was in a FAQ somewhere. I fear not the difficult terrain test, for I have my Deff Combine.

Thats really it. I keep play testing my Killa Kan list at home against all kinds of IG and Ork builds, and I am going to try a BA attacker list next so I can get used to DSing unit that can assult me out of the gate, but I cannot for the life of me lose with the Kan wall.

I have a total of 9 Killa Kans, 2 Deff Dreads, 2 KFF meks, 6 nob bikers, a battle wagon with 3 nobs inside and 3 deff copters. I Know they can lose but in my experence people tend to bring like 5 or 6 real anti tank weapons, and the fire storm it too random to really scare me if I put the cans out in the open.

Any advice would be helpful as this will be my first planetstrike. I cant wait.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k > 40k Expansions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode