750 point Tournament Results - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Battle Reports Brag about your latest crushing victory here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-09, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

750 point Tournament Results

First of all I have to say that I've never ever had so insane battles before, or maybe you could say that I met with a completely different "genre" of tabletop gameplay. You'll understand if you read this thing. I'll be quick and to the point, sticking to who-did-what rather than what happened in chronological order, mainly because I have stuff to do today (which includes painting my second DP ).

My list was:

Daemon Prince; Wings, MoT, WoC - 180 (yeah, should've bought Warptime instead, but it looked like a good idea back then... )

10xCSM; 2xFlamers, IoCG, Rhino - 205

10xCSM; 2xMeltas, IoCG, Rhino - 215

1xObliterators - 75

1xObliterators - 75

Total: 750

The general idea was that I rush ahead with the CSM in Rhinos and DS the Oblits next to those that need the most fire support or provide a nice angle that doesn't allow a ridiculous cover save. The DP would draw incoming fire and annoy the hell out of my opponent in the meantime. The only change to this plan was that the DP wasn't annoying, but outright frighteningly effective against almost every opponents.

Everyone played 3 matches and were randomly paired up with someone else in the first game, then points-wise. I don't remember the system so don't ask. We played on 48"x48" battlegrounds (the tables are a bit longer than that, so we had enough place for our stuff).

1. Tau - 3 Objectives, mine, his and one in the exact middle, DoW setup

HQ with bodyguard
2x1Crisis
2x7-8 Fire Warriors in Devilfish
Hammerhead with Railgun

Truth to be told, this match was a piece of cake, my opponent was making so many mistakes I didn't feel like I've won against a worthy opponent. I slaughtered every unit and blew up every vehicle he had by turn 4 I think. He managed to rapid fire the hell out of my DP, though said DP ripped a Devilfish to shreds and butchered his HQ. I never saw so many sweeping advances in one battle. Everyone did well, except for one CSM who got shot with a plasma gun and wasn't in cover.

2. CSM - 2 Objectives, rush there, hold it firmly for 1 turn, then rush back to a 12"x12" area

2xLash Princes
5xCSM
7xBerserkers w/ PW in a Rhino
2x1Obliterators

This guy came first in the end, and you can guess why. I loved this match. I played against a nice guy who had no illusions whatsoever when it came to tournaments. I learned a lot from him. I laughed my ass off too, even though I was slaughtered to the last man, killing only his CSM, his Oblits and bringing one his DPs down to 1 Wound. Everyone was whining about how overpowered he is, but in fact it was they who were gutless chicken who couldn't stand up to the challenge. The guy later told me that I was his second hardest opponent, the first being a veteran Necron player. That was probably the biggest compliment I got as a 40K player so far.

3. Tyranids - kill the HQ

Tyrant
Carnifex with lots of guns
3x8 Genestealers w/ Feeder Tendril (at least one of them had it)

This match was very educational too. I learned not to underestimate my opponent's luck, especially when its Genestealers running, even while through cover. Long story short, my trap was successful to the extent of luring him in there with my DP being the bait, even butchering every unit he had, but before that happened he killed my DP with his Genestealers with craploads of Rending hits. I never failed so many Inv save before. But I did wipe him out in the next turn, so I got 8 points and he got 7. Yeah, hilarious. BTW the only unit I lost was that single DP.

Eventually I came 4th among 20 people, one point behind the third and two points behind the second guy. Its a badass achievement I think, because this was my first tournament and I had only 10 matches before, 6 with IG (4 losses, 2 draws), 3 with old-codex SW (3 victories) and 1 with Lash CSM (I lost, but as the guy put it "You beat your army with mine", because I gave him ideas on how to use Lash to full effect). Theres still much to learn and many more minis to paint/assemble 'till the next Tournament, and I can't wait 'till I can practice for it.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-09, 08:50 PM

nice report of the tournament! gratz on coming 4th in your first tourney

Quote:
Remember to use the BRB not the SRB from black reach... makes for a much better implement of physical enlightenment through repeated smacking on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Ah... the simpler times of the 1960's. When pedophilia wasn't frowned upon.
“Thou shalt not invite a Banshee to Karaoke”
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 12:02 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

that sounds like it was a great day to be a word bearer! good job on the tourny!

Ave Dominae Nox

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 07:24 PM

Good Job on 4th place. I'd be proud of that placement.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-09, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Thanks guys, its much appriciated.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics > 40k Battle Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode