6 Player Combat Patrol - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Battle Reports Brag about your latest crushing victory here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-09, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

6 Player Combat Patrol

So I just thought I would share a few highlights of an intense combat patrol game we played last night.. I was playing Blood Angels, allied with Dark Angels & Demon Hunters vs Chaos, Tau & Necrons. We played loosely on the rules, allowing Necrons a Necron Lord & bumping it up to about 500pts each.. The mission was to capture 2 out of 3 flags on the table. I fielded a 10 man Scout squad with bolt guns, 4 snipers & a missile launcher, 10 tactical marines with a melta gun & missile launcher and some death company w/ jump packs. Turn 1- we took the right flag, they took the left and both armies spear pointed an assault to the middle flag. Turn 2 & 3 the troops in the middle clashed in shooting & assault. The Dark Angels were completely wiped out by a squad of Chaos Raptors & Tau fire warriors. My Scouts managed to take out key troops & lasted into the 4th turn. My last two Scouts (one with a missile launcher & one with a sniper rifle) managed to go out with a bang & inflict 2 wounds on the Necron Lord in hand to hand. Turn 4- All I have left is a sergeant, a marine with a melta gun & a marine with a missile launcher holding it down in the middle & my Demon hunter allies are in the far right holding the flag with some storm troopers, an inquisitor and retinue & vindicare assassin. The other team pretty much has most of their army & the Tau have only lost a Devil fish transport. The highlight of the game was from turn 4 to 6, my 3 marines survived attacks from 8 Necrons, 3 Necron Elites, 3 Chaos Assault Marines, 2 Raptors, 3 XV Stealth Suits, A Devil fish tank, 12 Fire warriors with carbines, A Crisis Battle Suite & 4 Drones. I lost my sergeant & missile launcher on the 6th turn & was only left with a marine with a melta gun close to the flag in the middle surrounded by all of the above. We went last on the 6th turn & with only one guy left & all my Demon hunter allies out of range because they only had one scoring unit left holding down the right flag.........The vindicare assassin takes a shot across the board wounding the crisis battle suit commander once and then I blasted his last wound with my melta clearing a running path for the flag grab & tied the game.. I still can't believe 3 marines took all that fire & assault from so many troops for 3 turns & one survived to tie the game..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-09, 08:22 PM

This game just sounds like a ton of fun....now I gotta see if I can find some people who'd wanna try it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-09, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanehtar View Post
This game just sounds like a ton of fun....now I gotta see if I can find some people who'd wanna try it.
It was a blast! Got pizza & played form 7pm to 4am in the morning. Every turn was so intense because the whole game was weighing on the shoulders of 3 Marines surrounded by so many enemies. We are going to do it again for sure, but do it as a rolling campaign & maybe add some kill team missions into it. I'm anxious to play in this format with my Ork & Tyranid armies & see how well they hold up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics > 40k Battle Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode