Marines vs Hordie armies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Battle Reports Brag about your latest crushing victory here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Rindaris's Flag is: USA

Default Marines vs Hordie armies

Friday August 1, 2008

So my 40k play time has been limited due to car issues. So when I make it to my gaming locale of choice I definitely want to get a game in. We had several people that wanted to play so we set up a team game.

1500 pts Aesir Knights (me) & 1500 pts Lions Rampant (SoH) vs 2000 pts of Tyranids and 1000 pts of Orcs

We end up with a standard mission and 5 objectives. They win the deployment roll. No love on the 'Seize the Initiative' either.

So they end up going first.

I don't recall them having a single thing to shoot at us yet. Just moving forward. Honestly this probably worked out well for us, then going first and all. SoH is more of an assault player granted, but I'm more of the shooty variaty and having my opponent walk right into range is always a good start.

Some of the big nids end up taking a few wounds and a few small bugs die. But not nearly as many as I was hoping for.

Once more the horde armies are just advancing towards us. Both my Tactical squads end up getting assaulted by 'gaunts. The left squad has a hive tyrant in the mix as well. The right squad wins the combat soundly, unfortunately the left squad is wiped out.

Lions end up in the fray against our hordie opponents. Some of the big bugs take a few more wounds but none enough to die just yet.

Nothing to special about this picture except a carnifex that has no head and it looks like the 'gaunt is feeling about in the empty spot. Maybe I'm easily humored, but I thought it was funny

Much less shooting now, but alot more close combat. The hour is getting late so we end up deciding to call it after this round.

The hive tyrant that helped to finish off the left tactical squad goes after my Deathwatch Command squad. The 'gaunts over there go for the objective. The tyrant kills several members of the command squad but lingers on with one wound.

Moving to secure as many objectives as we can we end up wiping out the gaunts holding the objective in my deployment zone. I only got a 2 on my tactical squads run roll, so they couldn't take it. But we denied it to the opposing team, so thats just as good. My Master barely finishes off the Tyrant and several other big bugs finally start falling across the table. A Lions chaplain opposes a fair objective.

So 2 objectives in the hands of the Space Marines. One contested. And 2 others completely unheld. Victory to the Space Marines

As a personal note.. this fight really has pushed me to want to put together a Helios all the more. I'm planning on converting an old style Land Raider and already have some of the bits I think I'll need. Templately goodness is definitely a sweet thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 02:22 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

So how many turns in total did you play?

Playing less turns favours the marines massively. Nice report and photos though
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Rindaris's Flag is: USA

I believe we only got in 3 turns. Maybe it was 4 at best. We got a bit of a late start. On the turn we decided to call the game we had to let our opponents redo their movement with that in mind. It was only fair after all.

And thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics > 40k Battle Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode