RTT Tourney: May 17th, 2008. Pic Heavy. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Battle Reports Brag about your latest crushing victory here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-08, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Rindaris's Flag is: USA

Unfortunately this was for a tournament and there are alot of HtH armies where I play, so normally I wouldn't have much use for multimeltas. I had to tailor a list that could handle hordes and ideally mow down enough HtH units before they got into assault range. I succeeded at that quite well I think. Honestly, I don't think I'd have changed my list, only some of my tactics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-08, 04:36 PM

Great battle report. I especially love reading ones with pictures. I know you posted pictures in another thread but if we could get some more up close of your army I think that would be awesome.

Anyways, if you ever make it over to Columbus, Ohio I'd love to get a game with you.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-08, 04:47 PM

I really like your army though change your army list through in some mroe guys with me i dint change my list for 2 years i re wrote it last night 3000pts with Lion El Johnson as my leader

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-08, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietEarth View Post
Great battle report. I especially love reading ones with pictures. I know you posted pictures in another thread but if we could get some more up close of your army I think that would be awesome.

Anyways, if you ever make it over to Columbus, Ohio I'd love to get a game with you.
Anything in particular you'd like to see?

And I'll be attending Origins this year, so I'm more then happy to arrange for games while I'm there.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-08, 06:01 PM

Origins is being held about 10 blocks or so from my house. I'll have only about 750pts ready to be fielded.

I'd just like to see whatever you have. It's no biggy though.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-08, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Origins is being held about 10 blocks or so from my house. I'll have only about 750pts ready to be fielded.

I'd just like to see whatever you have. It's no biggy though.
Well, I'm gonna work on my assault squad tonight, and with that done I plan to do an up-dated full First Company photo... so expect to see that shortly.

My email is [email protected]. I should be there Wednesday night before the con, and there til Sunday sometime. Riding with a friend, so I'm kind of at the mercy of his schedule, but I know he is getting there early and likely leaving late. If things seem promising once the day gets closer I'll give you my cell phone number.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-08, 04:07 AM

That sounds cool. Odds are I'll have to work Thursday and Friday morning but I am free the rest of the time. If you guys need any tips on good places to eat or hit up let me know.

I think we need Heresy t-shirts!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-08, 04:40 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Wow, my club sure is different than yours. My place uses WAAAY more terrain than what you guys did... jeez, no wonder you were taken apart by that Armored Company list. There was a lot of green space for him to draw easy lines of sight to your units with those nasty battle cannons (and Emperor knows what else).

Anyway, nice report!

Katie D
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-08, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Wow, my club sure is different than yours. My place uses WAAAY more terrain than what you guys did... jeez, no wonder you were taken apart by that Armored Company list. There was a lot of green space for him to draw easy lines of sight to your units with those nasty battle cannons (and Emperor knows what else).

Anyway, nice report!

Katie D
Well, the judge who set up the terrain normally plays WHFB (to my understanding), so that could explain why it looks the way it does. Under normal games we do use alot more terrain then that.

But thanks!

Quote:
That sounds cool. Odds are I'll have to work Thursday and Friday morning but I am free the rest of the time. If you guys need any tips on good places to eat or hit up let me know.

I think we need Heresy t-shirts!
If my budget for Origins wasn't already tight I might consider the whole t-shirt thing, but I'll have to pass for now. Looked up their event roster last night and there are only 4 40k events (3 actually, one happens twice). One is an Apoc game, and I refuse to bring all my stuff out there for one game (let not wanting to play Apoc with people I don't know, nor trust around my Warhound). The Heroes game sounds interesting and gonna buy a ticket for it tonight if I can remember to.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-08, 03:33 PM

Well, to stop the thread jacking I'm going to start an Origins thread elsewhere. As for the t-shirts, if the MODS want to get in contact with me I have a friend who screen prints shirts professionally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics > 40k Battle Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode