IG vs SW letting IG win more... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Army Lists Post your Warhammer 40k armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Default IG vs SW letting IG win more...

this is kind of a reverse list.
my wife is just learning how to play and is dead set on easy company from the 101st airborn. this means for her first list at 400 points it wil basicaly be 1st platoon (all her army right now). it includes:

5 ratling sipers (kneeling cadians w/sniper rifles from HQ box)
platoon HQ
3 squads
2 heavy teams (1 auto cannons, 1 mortar)

the ratlings are there because i had 50 extra points...

my delima is that i don't know if this is any good for combat patrol.
this means i don't know how bad i need to dumb down my lists to let her stand a fighting chance. i want to make sure she wants to keep playing.

any help from you guys would be appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 04:35 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

I don't know the combat patrol mission to be honest, but use veteran squads as they have a better chance at survival with their better BS and a choice of scouting, better armour and demolitions... the ratilings are great for pinning down the threats and keeping the enemy away while the lasguns do their best... You could also use one squad as storm troopers and have the bonus of carapace armour, and hot shot lasguns. which don't allow marine armour saves. Hope it helps.. now you have to tell me how you got your wife interested.. mine just says, aww cute

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

my wife loves "band of Brothers" and all thing WWII. this means her army must be 101st airborn easy company wich is why her army can not change from what it is (1st platoon of easy company). my deal is i need to dumb down my list to let her win. or is 50 dudes with a few heavy weapons going to be relatively good at 400 points?

as far as getting your wife involved start with something she likes (like a movie). you have to be creative sometimes. the problem now is that while i build her army i have no money to put into mine

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 07:03 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

aah ok, well to be honest I'd go over the the marine guys and show your list and ask them, it might be faster!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 07:21 PM

The problem is that you need an HQ for this to be a Combat Patrol.

At the moment you only have

Elites:
5 Ratling Snipers (50 points)

Troops:
Infantry Platoon (PCS, 3 Infantry Squads, 1 w/ Autocannon, 1 w/Mortar) (195 points)

What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all!

Last edited by Lord Solar Macharius; 02-25-11 at 07:25 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusReborn View Post
aah ok, well to be honest I'd go over the the marine guys and show your list and ask them, it might be faster!
i know about SM. it the IG i know nothing about. mabe i should see what they say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Lord Macharius View Post
The problem is that you need an HQ for this to be a Combat Patrol.

At the moment you only have

Elites:
5 Ratling Snipers (50 points)

Troops:
Infantry Platoon (PCS, 3 Infantry Squads, 1 w/ Autocannon, 1 w/Mortar) (195 points)
i know the flaws with her list but the platoon is set in stone. this is how i am getting her into it. I think the adepticon rules say that HQs are not mandatory anyway
still the important thing is knowing if this can do any real damage to SM's...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-11, 10:16 PM

The 40k in 40 mins rules quite clearly don't require anything but a troops selection.

What sort of flexibility *will* she allow? Are Chimeras alright at all? Sentinels?

Since it's just friendly games the Imperial Army book that has Elysian Drop Companies might fit her army better, in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode