New forces - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Army Lists Post your Warhammer 40k armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-10, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Default New forces

Well ive dont tyranids to bits, and everyone else in my gaming group is already on their second army, so i finally decided i wanted to make another force. wanted something very different to nids

I was thinking Witch hunters, they have a cool factor and lotsa flamer templates which i love but they dont appear extremely viable...

any other suggestions/comments?

Hive Fleet Nightwing (deceased) W-6 D-3 L-2

Hive Fleet Nex'xus W-1 D-1 L-0

Ogre Kingdoms W-0 D-0 L-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-10, 04:37 PM

Broken's Flag is: England

Tyranids excel in close-combat, with Monstrous Creatures, and numbers. So, in contrast, you're going to want a small, elite force that is stronger in firepower. A lack of huge killing machines would also be preferable, I assume.

The ideal force to me would be Daemonhunters. Their basic troops, Grey Knights, are more expensive Space Marines with lots of heavy firepower. As a result, they're very low in numbers and their units also have a lower maximum capacity. Also, they have powerful vehicles too, which provides you with a new experience as well. The closest to having any Monstrous Creatures will probably be the Dreadnought, which is actually a vehicle.

However, the Daemonhunter's Codex is incredibly outdated so it may not be worthwhile, particularly if they're due a new one sometime soon. Rumours suggest they are. Witch Hunters, I believe, are in a similar situation to Daemonhunters. Consequently, you may be best off looking at Space Marines, especially considering they've recently had a new Codex released.

Whilst it may be worth waiting for the new Blood Angels, they're incredibly close-combat orientated, and whilst lots of their more elite units are highly expensive, they wouldn't vary too much from 'Nids in comparison to your standard Marines. Utilising the Codex efficiently, you can create a very forgiving and flexible army, that can either be nicely balanced or totally focussed on one extremity. It's your choice.

I'm back and creating signatures once again. If you need an avatar, signature, artwork or anything just drop me a PM or go here: My Graphics Workshop
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 05:40 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sisters are a good army if you use them well, they all have power armour after all. You could do any imperial force and add sisters as allies so could add sisters to marines or guard armies

Why do you think that sisters are not an viable thought btw? they have lots of flamer and meltas, faith powers, tanks, etc. The models are all metal though and quite pricey and they are quite tough to paint

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 06:22 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

now is probably a bad time to start sisters, since its now even more expensive to start them, probably best to go with something cheaper for now

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-10, 10:35 PM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

to me the polar opposite to the 'nids has always been the tau, i'd say them. mid sized forces and all ranged with a good couple of vehicles thrown in.

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode