Who can field jetbikes? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Army Lists Post your Warhammer 40k armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

eric's Flag is: England

Default Who can field jetbikes?

I always did wonder where all the jetbikes went after 2nd ed, so I was quite chuffed when I noticed that a jetbike was being released for the Dark Angels, even though I don't play DA. But who can actually use them? I have a fairly sizable SM army now (Space Sharks, but they're still PiP, so no pics yet) and I'm even working on another with a fairly Inquisitorial theme (so as to fit into an Inquisitorial army I'm working on for Apocalypse) and a jetbike would look great as the mount of the SM force commander, but I can't remember whether or not regular SM's can field them? I left my SM codex at my student house (daft). I guess it makes little difference if the army is aimed at Apocalypse, I just don't want to splash out on a fairly expensive model if I can't field it in regular games (saying that, I have a Baneblade and will not hesitate to grab the Dommhammerswordblade when it comes out).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 07:30 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Eldar and Dark Eldar can field them, and the Dark Angels can field 1 as there HQ, you can always feel free to convert basic bikers to jetbikes, but you would gain no advantages and would have to make it clear to your opponent that there normal bikes

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 07:30 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

Regular Space Marines can't field Jetbikes I'm afraid. Only the Master of the Ravenwing gets that honour.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 07:31 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only model/unit in the entire of the Imperium who can select a Jetbike is the Master of the Ravenwing, otherwise it'd have to be a home made unit for you to be able to use Jetbikes as a squad.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

eric's Flag is: England

Damn those Dark Angels, raiding my childhood memories and making them chapter-exclusive..

Guess I'll just have to make it a counts-as regular bike in non-apocalypse games.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-09, 04:54 PM

The other way to do it is to use Codex Dark Angels to make your list. Then you can use the jetbike in other games. Just like you can re-name Pedro Kantor in a SM Codex list to use his special rules, or re-name Lemartes in a Codex BA list to use his special rules, you should be able to rename Wossisnamiel from Codex DA to use his special rules (including the Jetbike). The force doesn't have to be Dark Angels. It just uses the DA rules (though fundamentalist fluffers may claim "there is only one Imperial jetbike").

You won't have lost anything, you'd need Codex DA for the jetbike rules if you were going to use it for Apocalypse anyway. And this way you get access to those lovely Raven's Wing and Deathwing formations for your main army.

Sadly not 100 jetbikes (I started in the early days when the SMs used jetbikes too). But even without, I believe they're still pretty funky.

:cyclops of caliban:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-09, 06:05 PM

I would be perfectly ok with an opponent using jetbike modles that simpley count as regular marine bikes.

Before you post an army list read THIS
Read Johnathan Swift: A Modest Proposal

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode