750 Mechanicum List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Army Lists Post your Warhammer 40k armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Default 750 Mechanicum List

Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this does not go here but need help with a Mechanicum list. Will be vs Necrons. This is what I have so far.

HQ 85 pts
Magos Dominus - Cyber Familiar, Augery Scanner

Troops
Adsecularis Covenant (10)– Rite of Pure Thought, carapace armour Las-Locks (70pts)

Thallax Cohort (3) – lightning guns,1 Multi Melta (150 pts)

Castellax Class-Battle Automata Maniple (2) Multi –Meltas, (170 pts)

Thanatar Class Seige- Battle Automata Maniple Paragon of Metal 275
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-06-15, 02:21 PM

From my minimal knowledge with Admech, here's my advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparti67 View Post
HQ 85 pts
Magos Dominus - Cyber Familiar, Augery Scanner Decent. Maybe give this guy either a mechinator array or abeyant to boost the survivability a bit, since he's not an IC.

Troops
Adsecularis Covenant (10)– Rite of Pure Thought, carapace armour Las-Locks (70pts) good.

Thallax Cohort (3) – lightning guns,1 Multi Melta (150 pts) Again, good.

Castellax Class-Battle Automata Maniple (2) Multi –Meltas, (170 pts) I would keep the multi-meltas on faster units such as Thallax, since you're going to be chasing down skimmers and you need to be able to keep up with them. I would just run these guys with their mauler bolt cannons and have them go after cron troops.

Thanatar Class Seige- Battle Automata Maniple Paragon of Metal 275Very, very expensive for this points level. I would honestly drop this guy (as cool as he is), and use the points to buy another squad of thallax for more -2 cover multi-meltas, and then upgrades.
Hope this helps! Essentially for anti-tank you're going to want anti high-AV with some cover negation (so thallax), and his infantry will be super tough now thanks to the new Reanimation Protocols, so you're going to want to try to negate his armour save when possible so he can't roll as many dice. Typically you'd want to stay out of 24in range to avoid the worst of his shooting, but you have to get in nice and close with meltas, so I guess just hope you can survive his shooting.
-Arcticor

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode