Help Me Start Blood Ravens Army! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Army Lists Post your Warhammer 40k armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-11, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

xXDeathCompanyXx's Flag is: USA

Default Help Me Start Blood Ravens Army!

Hey guys! I've recently decided to make a Blood Ravens army and run it under the Blood Angels codex. I need advice on what units to buy for the BASE of my army. I need a good starting force to aim at getting. Maybe a battleforce? I dunno'. Anyways, the way I'm incorporating the BR's fluff along with the BA's will enable me to run some death company. (Not to be overpowered, but since I really love Death Company and BR at the same time) So bear that in mind when helping me out here. All help is REALLY appreciated guys!

..."The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want" -Psalms 23:1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-12, 09:45 PM

MidnightKid333's Flag is: Canada

Buy assault marines and paint/convert them to look like Death company. Some Chaos marine bits would do the trick.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-12, 09:14 PM

warlock5184's Flag is: USA

What type of army where you thinking of building close combat, shooting or psyker? Is there a HQ you wanted to build your army around? Is your army for fun or do you want play in tournaments? Since you stated you plan on running a Death Company stay away from the jump packs they are over priced for this unit, I normally run my DC with ten marines, 8 with chain swords & bolt pistol and with 2 power fist & bolt guns (since they have the relentless run they can rapid fire and still assault, a pistol is a waste since you don't get the +1 when using it with a PF), the power fist is vehicle and walker units that get in the DC way since they have to follow the rage rule. In low point game use a rhino so you more control where they end up. Higher point games add a chaplain for re-roll hits and wounds on a charge and put them in a stormraven. I would buy one Death company box just for the all the bits you get with it after that just use basic space marine, I bought a tactical squad along with my first death company box build ten DC marines and 5 Assault marines out of it.

"So fear not and be proud, for we are the Sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angles of Death."
- Commander Dante

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-12, 04:33 PM

Blammer's Flag is: Iceland

Indeed you have not told us what type of army you are going for. If you want fluffly Blood Ravens though then I recommend Librarians and Librarian dreadnoughts.

There is no such thing as fiction. Given that the multiple-universe quantum theory is correct then all events that happen in ´´fiction´´ actually happen in some other universe.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-12, 06:13 AM

Blood Angels are a Librarian-Heavy chapter, and so to be theme appropriate you'd want at least 1 libby HQ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode