Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Heresy Online: The Unofficial FAQ
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 01:35 AM
Galahad
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

This is a good idea, Vaz (which is why I stickied it) though I think if you;re going to use RAI, those answers need to be highlighted in some way. Perhaps a different color and a line saying "The rules in this case are (unclear/contradictary/nonexistant/argued over for a dozen pages), so the following answer is based on general consensus and the collective opinion of what was intended rather than the rules as written." or something like that.

Similarly, if there is a clear RAW answer, but people feel it isn't as intended, then both answers need to be presented and labeled for what they are.

I'm fine for including RAI, but I really think it needs to be branded as such. I would hate for some kid to get in an argument over rules thinking he's got the right answer from us only to find ouot that, while reasonable, the answer isn't actually taken from the rules.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome