Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1.5k Inqusitional
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-25-09, 03:26 PM
darkreever
Senior Moderator

Great suggestions Warlock in Training, but remember that this is a 1500pt army and so your advice should stick with keeping it that way unless the OP states otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zas240 View Post
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord, Deamonhammer Bolt Pistol. 76
Acolyte, Powersword. 23
Acolyte, Powersword. 23
Acolyte, Powersword. 23
Combat-Sevitor. 25
Combat-Sevitor. 25
Combat-Sevitor. 25
Landraider. 250
Not the greatest setup in the world, since they will never be the close combat badasses of other armies; but all the same a very cool idea. Each guy is cheap and can do fairly well if able to make attacks, wouldn't change a thing.

Quote:
Inquistorial Stormtroopers (10), Plasmagun X2 ,Rhino. 170

Inquistorial Stormtroopers (10), Plasmagun X2 ,Rhino. 170
Decent squads for holding objectives, normally I'd suggest dropping the number of guys down to eight men, but in this case they should have a squad of ten bodies.

Quote:
Inquistorial Stormtroopers (10), meltagun X2 ,Rhino. 170

Inquistorial Stormtroopers (10), meltagun X2 ,Rhino. 170
Now here I'd suggest dropping two from each squad, gives you some points back for other upgrades and goodies.

Quote:
Inquistorial Stormtroopers (10), flamer X2 ,Rhino. 160

Inquistorial Stormtroopers (10), flamer X2 ,Rhino. 160
I'm echoeing rdlb on the suggestion of removing the flamer squads; you don't want them to be getting into flamer range, and the points could be spent on other things to beef up the rest of your army.

As Warlock in Training suggested, I would use all the points you have to upgrade all of the rhino's to chimera's. If I did the points right then I believe your total is actually 1474, leaving you 26 to work with, if you lost the four storm troopers then that toal jumps up to 76. (More than enough to swap two for chimera's with multi-lasers and hull heavy bolters for the added firepower.)

Right now it can do a fair amount, but can't take much punishment from anything. It has only one unit of close combat punch, and other than the land raider the rest of the army is close range shooting. Some slightly heavier armour could definitely be helpful here.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome