Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The Throng of Kazad Hazkal comes forth!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-07, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
ACoz
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman

ACoz's Flag is: USA

Default More Progress!

Wednesday, November 14 10:14 am

Got in from work this morning @6:15 or so, loafed around a bit, ate a little and zoned out watching ESPNews (my brother's a Production Supervisor there, so I feel like an insider... heh heh, right) for a bit before showering and taking my meds before going to bed.

In bed all of ten minutes before I decide, "Hell with it, I'm doing some more work on the project."

First up, seeing as I wasn't too happy with how I had put the prospector together, I attacked him and pulled his arms and backpack off, and replaced the Rock Drill and attachment backpack. I'm much happier with the look of it, even though, game-wise, the unit might not be as useful as before. my unit of Miners that came with the BfSP box has a Rock-drill, though, so it won't cripple my army.

Up next was the remaining ten miners.

Amazing at how quickly they assemble!

Took some pics (I think I'm getting a bit better with it, now...) and am over-all, happy with my progress.

I'm especially happy that I got through the whole unit being able to only use one of the picks with the candle on it. I don't really like it. Middle guy, back rank got it.

Tomorrow, I'll do the first step in basing 'em, so the glue and sand can dry overnight, and Friday morning I'll seal that, so Saturday I'll prime them, most likely.

Another thing to note, I originally intended to use the cloth banner for the unit (and all my other units, to unify the army), but when I was 'dry-fitting' it onto the banner-bearer, it came way too close to the little burning candle on his helmet. That just didn't make using it make a whole lot of sense to me, nor did it look quite right, so I went with the icon.

I have so many extra bits, packs and doo-dads, not to mention four carts w/ponies and a ridiculous amount of mining paraphernalia (add in the pony & cart from BfSP, and I've got five of the little fellas!) that once the army as it is now is closing in on done, I'll likely look toward making up some little 'mining encampment' scenery stuff.

I'll post some pics of the little fellas tomorrow, once I've glued some sand and rocks on the bases (FYI, the brown Altoids™ tin in the pics behind them is where i keep my modelling sand... I've a Wintergreen Altoids™ tin with a green color I use for my static grass, too).

Comments welcome, as always.

P.S. I posted a junky pic of my Tau army's Shas'o in the Gallery, too, if anyone's interested.

Edit: Caught a spelling error. Spelling errors annoy me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture111207 029.jpg (75.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture111207 033.jpg (95.3 KB, 9 views)

'At two minutes to eleven, opposite the South African Brigade, at the eastern-most point reached by the British armies, a German machine-gunner, after firing off a belt without pause, was seen to stand up beside his weapon, take off his helmet, bow, and then slowly walk to the rear.' -John Buchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchimpster View Post
I can't help but think that every time something is proven, a little bit of the magic of the world dies.

Last edited by ACoz; 11-14-07 at 03:38 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome