Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Forest Goblins Homebrew Mini-Armybook
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 01:52 AM
Mutants_ho!

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

Great Dhagoria the Poisoner!

A forest goblin army list I could try out with my Forest Goblin Fluff army! The troll seems slightly strong (if possible to take them in units) or Slightly weak (if not). M12 and 6 Str 5 attacks +hate and fear? Nasty. Even the M8 seems a little beardy...

I LOVE that gigantic spider, but why is it described as "moves with unnatural speed" with an I of 3. The thing moves, in combat, at human speed. Maybe an increase to 4 or 5 is in order?

I also think the Gigantic spider should be a mount choice for the fighty type gobbo leader you create. Also unless you give it frenzy to represent its animalistic behavior (It does not have the humanoid ability to reason correct?) I think it should have a small group of gobbo handlers. After all the handlers are dead it should get frenzy to represent what I've said already.

To keep the handlers alive you might down their ward saves to 3-4, respresenting them getting divine protection from their spider god (or in my case goddess ).

The list lacks hitting power currently, in infantry at least. Why not make some harder hitting, class A gobbo infantry?

0-2 Forrest Goblin [Enter regal name here]s
|M5|WS4|BS3|Str3|T3|W1|I4|A2|Ld7|Pts/model 7|
With Hand weapons LA/Shields. 5+ ward save
--Options
--Flails +1 pt/model (or some other str increasing weapon)
--Favor of the Spider (poisoned attacks and +4 ward save) +35 pts per unit

It just seems to me that with a guy able to get big bosses with ws5 and warbosses with ws6 why couldn't gobbo infantry get better ws than 2.

Also +rep for the fluffy power of this!

Feel free to mess with anything I said as you wish.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome