View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Jezlad
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Mick the Mercenary

I had a weird Jezplan last night.

Mick the Mercenary - A Mascot

Basically it's about an old and knackered Imperial Guardsman called "Mick the Mercenary".

What does he do?

Firstly, we're going to get a guardsman painted up, Viscount Vash has offered to build and paint him for us. Once the model is built and Mick comes to life we're going to send him off around the United Kingdom to take part in people's Tabletop Battles.

We have a rough idea of where we want to go with him statwise, basically he'll be a Sly Mambo standard character, not too fancy that he'll win a battle on his own but good enough to give a space marine a good kicking.

Right, so now we have a mercenary - he needs to see some action. This is where you guys can apply for his services to join one of your battles. Once we have a suitable candidate we'll post him to you on the understanding he's used in a tabletop battle within the next two weeks. The person who receives him has to write a brief outline of the battle, what he achieved, what he killed, what "injured" him. You can right it into a fluffy story if you want, be imaginative. If you took photo's post them in the thread.
Once that battle is over he'll be posted to another trustworthy applicant who will use him in another battle. The person that receives him will be expected to pass him on at their expense so don't apply for his services unless you can meet the postage cost to forward him to the next member.

A forum character who travels the UK fighting battles every week. A bit of fun really. A site mascot.

That's it in a nutshell. Clearly we're placing an element of trust in the people who use the model so we'll only be sending him to reputed members of the forum.

A month in the life of Mick the Mercenary will look something like this
  • 01-04-09 - Vash Sends him to Squeek
  • 06-04-09 - Squeek uses the model in battle, writes the report on the thread then forwards it to Vaz
  • 14-04-09 - Vaz uses the model in battle, writes the report on the thread then forwards it to Dusty's Corner
  • 25-04-09 - Dusty's Corner uses the model in battle, writes the report on the thread then forwards it to Concrete Hero
...and so on and so on.

What we need from you

What we need from you guys is a set of rules. A character design. This is going to be a fast one to get his rule set finalised by Saturday next week. We might only pick certain elements of the rules you design, try to be original, add some interesting and quirky wargear.

His stat line can be anything between these totals.

[table] Name | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv
Min | 3 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 9 | -
Max | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 10 | -
[/table]Remember this is about designing a fun and characterful model, not a killing machine. Also the name Mick is kinda something that stuck, it isn't definite though, feel free to suggest other names.

He can have saves you desire too, I think the key is Wargear. Think up some whacky and interesting equipment.

Here's the code to use to display his stats, copy paste this into your reply and edit the bottom line.

HTML Code:
[table] Name | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv
Edit this line | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv
[/table]
I'll be dishing out 1 months supporter access to anyone who suggests something we go on to use too.

Come Saturday next week we'll have a character and statline for Vash to model and paint up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome