Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Legion Rising - Projects from The Dark Works
View Single Post
post #299 of (permalink) Old 05-25-19, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
Love your work, personally I think the guns on the robots are a little too big but the sculpts themselves are great
Thanks. My first plan was to try and slim/shrink down the arms because the base kit has lower-arms that seem far too bulky, especially with just the single barrel and small ammo magazine. But, I also wanted to mimic the Phosphor Blaster barrel of the shoulder mounted weapon to better tie it into the rest of the model, and to do it faithfully in the tri-barrel configuration I wanted, it forced the arm to be this large. After trying to slim them down as much as I could (and shortening them up too) I just couldn't shave any more off without thinning some of the walls too much; they're slightly leaner than the originals, but nothing dramatic. Ultimately, considering the original model, I'm just embracing it that they're designed with heavy primal ape-like forearms that hang low. I think it's a fair tradeoff for the overall improvement it makes to the kit, in my opinion.

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome