Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - HOES On Hiatus
Thread: HOES On Hiatus
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-18, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Dave T Hobbit
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

While the monthly competitions were running there was a cycle of participation dropping to the point of people being able to win because they were the only person who entered, the Mods considering whether tweaks would increase interest or whether to just stop, members saying they love the competitions, a surge of interest for a couple of months from people who didn't want them to stop, then decline again. Which made them feel quite like a waste of my time.

When we've changed reputation in the past, there have been lots of people going ballistic because they lost rep they "deserved" or couldn't give lots of rep. Can't speak for the rest of the Mods, but I prefer to wait until we have a great idea rather than roll out something that's neither fair nor liked. As it stands, we don't have that great idea.

Perhaps if we were paid the same as GW design staff for doing this, rather than giving up our free time for free, the comparison would be meaningful.

As scscofield says, there are no rules saying you have to be a Mod to run contests. So, if anyone thinks they have an idea for something that will get entries and wants to run it, I hope they better fortune than I did.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome