Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Death guard rules interaction
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-18, 07:14 PM
darkreever
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmaimburn View Post
As I read it, "Plague Weapon" allows me to reroll rolls of 1 to wound. "Blades of Putrefaction" adds 1 to all to wound rolls I make with the affected unit (it is a mandatory addition, unlike the "you can add 1" that is written in the "Veterans of the Long War" stratagem), and grants a bonus mortal wound for all to-wound rolls of 7 or higher made with plague weapons. The problem I see here is that, RAW, this psychic power prevents re-rolling 1's because any dice roll of 1 becomes counted as a 2, and thus ineligible for reroll.

Am I misreading something/missing a rule somewhere or is this the case and thus instead of a straight bonus blades of putrefaction is a trade-off.
You are indeed missing something. As per the FAQ rerolls occur before dice modifiers, so the initial 1's rolled would get rerolled and then you would apply the +1 modifier for Blades of Putrefaction.

That means the order of operation is:
Roll dice
Look over results
-If any results trigger re-roll then re-roll affected dice
--Apply dice modifier(s)
Compare results

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome