Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - An Acolyte's Tale, it's not all space marines and psychers.
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-13-17, 10:11 PM
Myen'Tal

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinR View Post
Glad you're enjoying it. Brynden isn't the Inquisitor btw, but I might not have shown that properly, and it was shorthand for second in command.
Oh, I guess I assumed that because Brynden seemed to be in command of the blank, but you never did say he was an inquisitor, now that I read it again.

I'm liking the vibe of Brynden's personality and spiritual reflections, I am currently focusing on doing something similar with something I'm working on, except the main character's training spans about three chapters . That aside, I like the detail you can weave into a handful of sentences, but nothing seems too rushed. A good pace to take us through Brynden's healing process, and then drift into the Hospitaller routines and procedures. It is done while also offering an insight into the puritan personalities and how serious the sisters hospitaller and the main character himself take their sense of purity and faith.

Only critique is that Brynden may want to be careful with what he remembers. If memory serves me correct, the Inquisition has a tendency to execute guardsmen who remember too much (a blurb about veterans of wars against the Dark Gods comes to mind). But perhaps Inquisitorial Agents are more trustworthy.

EDIT: Just a note, but that blurb I mentioned may have been retconned since I've last seen it. It was quite some years ago, so maybe nothing to be concerned about.

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879

Last edited by Myen'Tal; 09-14-17 at 12:21 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome