Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The Plague Fleets of Typhus - LotN's Death Guard Project Log
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-11-17, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Lord of the Night
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Noxious Blightbringer is ready to spread some misery!

Basecoating him was a damn chore in of itself, those censors are too numerous in such a confined area, but the end result is very pleasing to me. Stuck with the primary theme of Death Guard Legion colours but going with crimson for the cloth rather than white, this is because I am also working on lore for my army and decided a few days ago that their name is the Crimson Company. Still part of Typhus' Plague Fleets, but i'm going with the idea that he has multiple warbands and vectorums in his service that maintain their own gloried histories. The Crimson Company is one of them, and one of the more powerful.

Also painted muzzle burn for the first time on his pistol, I think it turned out alright. I also went with Ryza Rust on the pistol while leaving the coils in the classic plasma blue, I wanted to give the impression that this was an Imperial issue weapon that has rusted and decayed over time, but remains recognisably an Imperial weapon. Added Nihilakh Oxide to the Tocsin along with Ryza Rust for the skull symbols to create the look that it's further decayed, and to separate a Daemonic gift from the regular corruption and weaponry he carries. The Nurgling is just Rakarth Flesh with a colour wash, this time Carroburg Crimson, which is a theme that i'm keeping throughout the army for any Nurglings that are simply hangers-on, a simple paint scheme that unifies them all.

LotN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Front.jpg (70.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Side 1.jpg (61.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Back.jpg (68.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Side 2.jpg (65.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Plasma Pistol.jpg (63.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Tocsin of Misery.jpg (69.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Noxious Blightbringer Nurgling.jpg (61.2 KB, 7 views)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome