Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The Plague Fleets of Typhus - LotN's Death Guard Project Log
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-17, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Lord of the Night
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Plague Fleets of Typhus - LotN's Death Guard Project Log

With my old project log now filled with placeholder images thanks to Photobucket's stupid decision to go pay-to-share, I've decided to restart my project log and do them separately based on what i'm painting at the moment... which hasn't really been anything. Real life, a miserable job and some other stuff has crushed my drive to paint and it's been a long time since I last did anything. But yesterday a sudden burst of energy, which I have no idea how or where it came from, got me to sit down and paint this bad boy in the course of a single day. Tiring, but the end result was worth it (I think, you guys be the judges).

I went with the Plague Fleets of Typhus because I like the Traveller (He'll be one of the kits I buy for certain!) and his Zombie Fleets, the colours match the base DG scheme which is what I want to use, and because I wanted to use a warband with some cool history, but with space to make my own characters. Haven't worked on any lore for this guy, but thus far he's one of Typhus' lieutenants who enacts his will and leads a contingent of troops. For the actual paint scheme I went with the How To video from Warhammer TV (Praise Duncan!) but with some additions and two changes. Firstly I went with Mephiston Red for the cloak with a highlight of Wazdakka Red and an edge highlight of Squig Orange, the reason for this is because I didn't want to do the cloak in the same colour as the guts. Secondly I left the burst stomach shaded with Druchii Violet and Carroburg Crimson rather than going over it again with Rakarth Flesh because I like the idea of discoloured skin on such a pestilent figure. Thirdly I went with Mournfang Brown and Gorthor Brown for the axe handle because I felt brown was more suited then black for that particular part. Finally I didn't repaint the smoke with Ulthuan Grey and settled for a highlight over the Coelia Greenshade, I did that because I feel the green smoke is much more fitting for the Death Guard than white smoke is. I also added Nurgle's Rot to the guts and Blood for the Blood God to the axe-saws to get the approximate effects.

At the moment my Death Guard consists of just the Dark Imperium boxset. But if I can make steady progress with what I have I will allow myself, finances permitting, to add reinforcements to them piecemeal over the next few months. Next up I think will be either a pair of Plague Marines or the Noxious Blightbringer. Hopefully, I still want to paint at the moment but i'm hoping that this newfound drive will last. For reasons I don't want to get into, I'm not certain that it will. But we'll see.

LotN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lord of Contagion Front.jpg (77.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Lord of Contagion Side.jpg (65.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Lord of Contagion Back.jpg (73.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Lord of Contagion Side 2.jpg (62.9 KB, 19 views)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 08-29-17 at 08:19 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome