Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 8th Ed Close Combat Marines vs Marines
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 08:41 PM
Moonschwine

Moonschwine's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just from experience Night Lords benefit insanely well from Berzerkers with the Axe/Chainsword combo.

I run a death star of a Dark Apostle, Exhalted Champion and 8 Zerkers, kitted for CC in transport. That's a 3+ hit, reroll, 3 Attacks per mini at x2 +1 S and AP modifiers and a bonus attack, add to that a reroll to wound and two fight phases you always put the pain on.

I've yet to encounter something that can survive it and at a reasonable points cost it's a mainstay of my armies now. With Night Lord traits it's glorious to rush them in, murder a significant amount, impose a penalty and have the rest run away.

Otherwise Slaaneesh marines, Icon, Chain Axes and DTFE can really hurt enemy units, even after turn 2 - basically getting a psuedo-charge can really make the difference.

Remember that as Unaligned, Night Lords have no mechanical reason to not pick a variety of marks & icons, unless fluff is your game.

Inspiring Quote:

"Ambition is the biggest killer of Momentum"

Active Projects:

The Catechized

Starting afresh with my Chaos Space Marines.

Project Log Link (Placeholder) -

Project Rebuild, Reboot, Recycle:

Stripping, rebuilding and remaking my Guard army.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome