Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Khârn Painted Something
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-29-17, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Kharn The Complainer

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Default Khârn Painted Something

A friend and I went halves on Dark Imperium. The tough decision was which army we should pick. We've both been out of the collecting scene for about 10 years, apart from the odd purchase here and there. He was always a SM player and I went Eldar, but also lent towards chaos (so many lovely opportunities to convert)
I would have chosen Chaos, but don't really like Nurgel. Yet at the same time SM are so...well...normal. But I do like the primaris models. Yet, the poxwalkers look great and the Chaos SM would have been fun to paint. Neither of us could decide, so we did what any sensible people would do in such a situation; we let the dice decide.

I would have painted them in the White Scars colour scheme because I always felt that WS are under represented in 40k and I just love the idea of Mongols in space. To my disappointment, the only transfers included in Dark Imperium are for the generic legions. Meh. Colouring your army Ultramarine or Space Wolf colours is like supporting Man United or Chelsea. How dull.

So I went to my local GW and asked if they had any WS transfers. It seems that GW doesn't sell such things anymore. So I went with plan B, make my own chapter. Yeah, I was so invested in making a WS army that I gave up simply because there were no transfers.

I've always loved the Heresy Emperor's Children and Alpha Legion colour schemes, so I just went with that. The idea was to create a White Scars successor chapter called 'Kheshig'.
But now, after painting my guys, I just don't know if they really fit in as a child of the Khan.

So, I present my work in progress...

Considering the fact that I haven't painted models in a decade and that I was never very good in the first place, I have to say that I am pleased with how they are turning out so far. I still need to tidy bits up and add detail, but the basics are there. Not award winning, but they'll do for the table top.

So, any suggestions on which legion this chapter should succeed? Hah, maybe I should just call them Filii imperatoris.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spassmarynss.jpg (141.0 KB, 20 views)

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome