Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Possessed Chaos Space Marine Review
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-29-17, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
desperad0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Imo, the favoured of chaos with crimson slaughter is the only way to justify them.
I understand that that is your opinion @neferhet but its a rather narrow minded one if you ask me. Yes the voices table will help get possessed into combat faster with greater numbers but they then lack the ability to be as useful. Vessels might mean they are slower but they can rip more units apart because of it.

Honestly, in my opinion there are a lot of ways you can go in favored of chaos builds, I personally like the idea of running a mixture of Slaanesh and Khorne possessed around a Tzeentch demon prince.

Though I do agree with you, it really does need to be paired with another formation or detachment because there will be quite a few shortcomings that they cannot make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
those 15 "uber" possessed, even in 12" from the prince will be facing 60-80 slugga boyz, or 30 marines with some grav/melta or simply 10 Meganobz. All of wich will tear them to pieces in a single phase of melee.
Uhm..is that what the Ork and Space Marine players regularly bring to the tables you play? Because I haven't seen hordes of those kinds of armies out there. Space marine armies with two or three grav weapons and another two or three melta weapons sure, and 40-60 shoota and slugga boyz yeah, but certainly not a lot of lists with 10 meganobz that couldn't be easily countered in and of itself. (I mean thats 400-500 points without troops or an HQ or to many other upgrades right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoticus View Post
Thanks for the detailed analysis. It was a good read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Good points on possessed
Thanks, was noticing a distinct lack of content and just wanted to fill the gap a little.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome