Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Forbidden Colours - A Lahmian Army Plog
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
The Gunslinger
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Legion of Nehek

A unit of spear armed skeletons, I made and painted these guys from scratch rather than re-paint my older models, something I will do later. At the minute I have finished 20, but plan to add another 10. They will be joined by another 30, also with spears, and a spare command group in case I wanted to play them as three units of 20.

The bone is pretty simple, Zandri dust with a Seraphim Sepia wash. Followed by a drybrush of Praxeti white. Now I decided to add another wash of SS, because I felt the bone was far to white without it.

The Turquoise armour is actually from a necron painting tutorial, but I like it for an Egyptian blue colour. Sotek green with a skink blue and tyrant skull drybrush, followed by a wash of SS again. I love that wash.

For the metal, I use a screaming bell base followed by runelord brass. I also used a very watered down turquoise to oxide the metal, giving it that ancient look. Also washed with Sepia.

All the bases for my army will be painted following the guide I found here:
Realm of Warhammer 40k: Basing Your Miniatures (the basics)

Dustbowl
Basecoat: Tallarn Sand.
Highlight 1: Karak Stone.
Highlight 2: Ushabti Bone.
Rim: Steel Legion Drab.
Scatter: Dead Grass.

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!

Last edited by The Gunslinger; 09-20-17 at 11:44 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome