Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1850pts Blood Angels 'steel rain'
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-10-17, 03:54 PM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
Well the point of pods is that they aren't benefitting from any of the Terminators rules
Ah, but the Terminators are benefiting from the rules of a unit bought from another Detachment. Door swings both ways. Also the AOIF specifically states that the units are rolled for as one, which contradicts the Drop Pod Assault rule which gets rid of rolls entirely. If Terminators could take Drop Pods as Dedicated Transports all would be well, but for reasons known to GW they aren't allowed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
I know that, my point was that our Landraiders still say they can take Terminator armoured models, which is an outdated rule from when Terminators wouldn't fit in other transports, not as a dedicated transport but just in general.
Sounds like you just haven't looked at other Transport options in our current Codex that specifically state they can't take Bulky/Very Bulky/Extremely Bulky models, making the Terminator caveat of the Land Raider entries quite appropriate. Check out the entries for the Rhino, for example, and it might make a bit more sense to you why it's worded the way it is.

In another reference to your comment about list posting, here's another three lists I posted that basically got no response a while back if you're interested in seeing some options for the Angel's Blade Detachment/Formations.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome