Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1850pts Blood Angels 'steel rain'
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-17, 03:55 PM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
Since that will allow accurate turn 1 charges on any unit/vehicle I choose
That one's worth talking to your opponent about, Formation special rules stating the likes of 'roll one dice, all units in Formation arrive together' may override the Drop Pod Assault rule depending on who you play against. There's a SW Formation that has a unit of Terminators and a unit with a Pod and the draft FAQ kinda addresses it but I can't remember the specifics. Seems like the side that thinks you can do it require that there be enough Pods that the three Terminator units come in T1 together, which you handily have in this list.

Quote:
8 man Death Company squad
- 6x Bolt pistol + chainswords
- 2x Boltgun + powerfists
Drop pod
Drop in, rip a squad limb from limb, with the help of the Chaplain
A DCC comes stock with a jump pack (with no option for removal) and as such can't be transported via Drop Pod (Transports, BRB pg. 80).

Quote:
10 man Sternguard squad
- 10x Combi-plasmas
Drop in and combat squad, melting something scary with their plasmas.
what do we think though? Too much? Would the TH/SS Terminators handle this stuff better? They're why I picked plasma rather than melta
This unit is majorly overkill. On the other hand...you own 10 combi-weapon equipped Sternguard, do you also own a bunch of power weapon equipped Vanguard and a Stormraven?

Quote:
I now have the top 3 posts in this section. Am I posting too much or is everyone else posting too little?
It's a contest? Here ya go buddy.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome