Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The Narva Reclamation – The Unofficial Imperial Armour
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-16, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Minigiant

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Narva Reclamation – The Unofficial Imperial Armour

The Narva Reclamation – Unofficial Imperial Armour

I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls. (Eldrad Ulthran)

Welcome to my very ambitious project log, where I attempt to follow in the path of Forgeworld, and create my very own Imperial Armour book. This unofficial Imperial Armour book will involve my two forces, and will include (hopefully) a great story, great pictures, great presentation, custom scenarios, characters, and rules.

The Armies

Army number one: Tau
Why the Tau Empire? The Tau were my first army and I just loved there alternate ascetics and the whole ‘we are a shining light in the darkness’ thing. One thing that I want to attempt to do is represent the grim 40k universe and the poverty tau face; something I don’t believe Games Workshop do enough to convey.

Army number two: Sisters of Battle
Why the Adeptus Soraritas? Well in many ways, fluff wise, the Adeptus Soraritas and the Tau are two sides of the same coin. They both have a unique form of Imperialism. Now with GW neglecting the SoB, it provides great opportunity for as Warrans says ‘Gaming in the Gaps’

What is required?
As you can imagine with a project of this size, a lot is required. It takes Forgeworld years to produce theirs, and they have all their very talented members of staff. I have myself, and hopefully a supportive and encouraging hobby community to drive my along. I have this project in two stages

Stage One
  • Content Creation
  • Complete Tau Force
  • Complete Sisters of Battle Force
  • Narva representative terrain, scenery, and backdrop
    Story

Stage Two
  • Photography
  • Display
  • Presentation
  • Formatting
(You know all those computer skills I do not possess, yet!)

Chapter One

Chapter Two

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome