Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The Emperor, genetics and no female Space Marines
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-01-16, 06:11 PM
Euphrati

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
You didn't actually read the OP, did you?

The OP was about a potential reason why there were no female Space marines, not asking why there could not be any.
Yes, I did read the OP. At the end of their post they opened the floor to 'Thoughts, or disagreements?'. Which is what I put forth.

My post, if you read it closely, was to the thought that of all the odd points of lore in the 30/40k universe that people accept without question- why is it that the 'no female astartes' seems to be a sticking point in people's craws when the lore is very clear on the matter. Basically, I was asking why is it that this bit of established lore seems to be always questioned over others. It is why I prefaced my post with the allusion of the soapbox- meaning I was about to air a personal view on a topic (something that the OP encouraged at the end of their post).

After that I went on to touch on the secondary topic(s) raised in the thread, referencing points of cannon and offering my own personal opinion on it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome