Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Brotherhood of Psykers and Independent Characters
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-16, 12:30 PM
Rush Darling

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

Interesting question!

Here's what I've got:

1) "For the purposes of all rules, the term ‘Psyker’ and ‘Psyker unit’ refers to any unit with
the Psyker, Psychic Pilot or Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers special rules."

2) "A unit containing at least one model with this special rule is a Psyker unit – if no Mastery
Level is shown, then that unit has a Mastery Level of 1."

I swear to cow, I've changed my mind at least 8 times whilst trying to answer this question.

Let's start with a power: Iron Arm

Iron Arm is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, the Psyker
has +3 to his Strength and Toughness and he gains the Smash special rule.

Using quote 1), I can reasonably change that to read "Iron Arm is a blessing that targets the Brotherhood of Psykers. Whilst the power is in effect, the Brotherhood of Psykers
has +3 to his Strength and Toughness and he gains the Smash special rule."

(Brotherhood of Psykers has +3 to his? Yay english).

However, 2) states that a unit containing a model with this special rule is a Psyker Unit, not a Brotherhood of Psykers. Unfortunately, 1) does not state that "Psyker" refers to "Psyker Unit".

As such, if Tigerius were to cast Iron Arm whilst attached, he would be the only one to benefit. Conversely I believe that if the Brotherhood of Psykers he's attached to were to somehow cast it, Tigerius himself would not benefit.

Huh, actually, let's try this again.

Iron Arm is a blessing that targets any unit with
the Psyker, Psychic Pilot or Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers special rules
. Whilst the power is in effect, any unit with
the Psyker, Psychic Pilot or Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers special rules

has +3 to his Strength and Toughness and he gains the Smash special rule.

At which point I refer you back to the independent character rule. "While an Independent Character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules
purposes, though he still follows the rules for characters."

Ergo: Does the unit have the Psyker, Psychic Pilot or Brotherhood of Psykers special rules?

Yes - qualifies to fit the term "Psyker".

Psychic power says "Psyker" - yay.

All aboard the rape train. Now go roll Enfeeble, Life Leech and Haemorrhage. xD

Know it's far from a succinct answer, but I thought involving my extremely circuitious thought process might save someone from doing the same frigging thing.

As usual, interested in other peoples thoughts / comments!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome