Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories 16-03: Voting
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-16, 07:21 PM
Myen'Tal

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

HonorableMan, The Inevitable, 3pts
Brother Edmund, The Quiet Life, 2pts
Majere613, Leviathan, 1pts

HonorableMan and Brother Edmund: I think you guys tied when it came to moving stories, really brilliant work.

HonorableMan, you edged it out for me, because I liked the "serenity" of the hopelessness and brutal end of the Vesstri Ultra Tenth Light Infantry. Following your characters last moments was like the opposite of an adrenaline rush, ending with Aric staring up into the cloudy grey sky, just perfect.

Brother Edmund, I like how you can bring eternal war to just about any setting, lol. I laughed more than once at Carsten cheering at seeing his home getting obliterated, true Imperium soldier to the end I see. I liked the more cheerful tone of this piece, which is weird that I like this and The Inevitable both, but I do.

Majere613: I love xenos! So naturally I like your attempt at doing something as outlandish as getting into the mind of a Tyranid Hive Ship. I don't see too many attempts at Space Combat in these contests, but I thought yours were done well. If I could vote two people into second place, I would tie you with Brother Edmund .

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome