Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Black Legion Series (ADB)
View Single Post
post #594 of (permalink) Old 03-21-16, 06:33 PM
Kharn The Complainer

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
To be fair, he has been wandering sinde the Eye for an unknown amount of time. In the outside Void, it has passed cirka 2000 years. In the Eye he could have wandered for a very much longer time than that. Hence his change.
And by that logic, my depiction of Kharn is equally valid, don't you agree?

I know there are contradicting accounts of who lead the first Black Crusade, but the 6th edition says it was Abaddon.
This happened in 781.M31.
The Heresy ended in 014.M31

Now, I know "THE WARP DID IT" explains any tricky problems BL and GW get into with time scales, but in most novels they state that time in the warp moves slower. In the Night Lords novels only a few hundred years have passed in the warp since the HH and they're fighting pretty much around M40.

Now we have Abaddon crusading in and out of the warp and seemlingly 10,000 years have passed in the warp but only 1000 have passed in the real space.
Actually ADB never states such a thing. The posters here all seem to think that a vast amount of time has passed which allows Abaddon to completely change his personality.

THE WARP DID IT.
Fine, fine.

The great thing about fanboys is that they will defend any irrational event. ADB could have Abaddon shitting rainbows and you'd all be climbing over each other to explain how it makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the novel, as I did with the Night Lords trilogy. ADB writes some lovely things. I am just hung up on the vast change in Abby's personality.

But hey, THE WARP DID IT.

Regarding Brother Lucian's thoughts that; " the belicose Abbadon perished during the Horus Heresy, and Horus had a backup created to take the role. "
A really interesting idea. Very interesting indeeeeeed. It would be pretty awesome if we later discovered that Abaddon wanted the cloning shit destroyed because he wanted to be the only clone. That would neatly explain his change in personality since he wasn't the original Abaddon. Also, we don't have to keep relying on the whole THE FUCKING WARP DID IT to explain why shit doesn't make sense.

The Warp = Wizard.
https://youtu.be/sVgVB3qsySQ

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 03-21-16 at 07:16 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome