Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Which Legion/Chapter do you relate to?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  ExaltedUrizen 
#1 ·

If you were to chose your own legion/chapter, which would you join?

I have always been a fan of the space smurfs, but I really don't think they would fit my personality. They're far too 'serious business' for me, and my mocking, flippant, dry sense of humour would get me fired into the Maelstrom.

I quite like the Night Lords. Sevatar and co certainly get my vote for morbid humour. But I don't think I'd really get into the whole skinning people part.

Lunar Wolves/Son's of Horus? Meh, they end up being Abaddon's bitches. Not for me.

Thousand Sons study too much for my liking.

I'm going to have to go with the White Scars. While I have no interest in motorbikes, I do like their penchant for the arts. I'm not Mongolian, but they seem to let in non-Asians from time to time.
Perhaps I could be a White Scar who just runs around hitting shit with an axe. Plus, they seem like they're up for a good laugh. Have a few drinks, get drunk, let your robohawks kill some Dark Eldar.

So, which chapter/legion matches your personality?

See less See more
#2 ·
Thousand Sons, hands down.

They were the army that really got me into 40k, because it was the perfect mesh of high fantasy/sorcery and the sci-fi awesome of space marines. I've always played the mage, so they're perfect.

But it has to be the LEGION. None of this demon stuff.

If we're going past Legion, I might go Grey Knight. When I don't play the mage, I play the Paladin.

#3 ·
Raven Guard for me.
Stealth and cunning, then the trap is sprung before you know it. Fade away into nothing, then attack again from another direction. Cool........... :good:

#4 ·
One of the reasons I play loyalist Emperor's Children is because of how much I identify with them. A bunch of perfectionist who hold to the idea that perfection is an unattainable goal but they reach for it anyway. They fight of arrogance of crippling self-loathing that fells their brothers and in the end they die because they refuse to abandon their Father and the idea that their actions can actually make things better. So the actual soul of the Legion appeals to me.

Then there's their play-style. I've always favoured rapid co-ordinated assaults and that's what my purple boys do best.

Plus the Emperor's Children have wonderful models and that means I can enjoy a bit of artistry with them (another thing me and the Legion have in common). So yeah, pretty much a perfect match me and the IIIrd!

#5 · (Edited)
Alpha Legion, as my repeated defenses outlining their flaws in the "anyone else tired of how OP Alpha Legion" threads that crop up in the fluff forum will attest.

I... over-think things. Also I'm a lefty, and fuck if I know what my right hand is doing most of the time.

#6 ·
Also I'm a lefty, and fuck if I know what my right hand is doing most of the time.
:rofl:

Blood Angels (surprise!!). The duality of their noble aesthetic and battle-crazed insanity always hit home with me, and the story of Sanguinius' end totally rocked my mind when I was 8. Then there's the penchant for burning things...I like getting in close and burning/punching it out in the game and they provide me with ample ways of accomplishing such goals.

#7 ·
Imperial Fists, it's why I play them. I pride myself on being able to take a punch.

I've dealt with adversities and difficult trials in life, and I refuse to let them get me down. It's gotten me fairly far, being able to weather excruciating conditions. At work, mental issues, etc. I have always remained stalwart against these things, and I have always ended up surviving and coming out on top.

#10 ·
In spite of playing a Raven Guard successor, to my chagrin I must admit I'm probably more on a page with the Salamanders. Whilst I definitely relate to the pragmatism of the Raven Guard, as someone who works in engineering and likes to build things, I'd probably be happier churning out fancy boltguns / blessing my tanky tanks. I could probably go with Iron Hands, but I definitely appreciate the attitude of keeping civvies safe (it's kind of the whole point) and I also have a predilection for fire.

Either way, most probably kaput at Isstvan. Unless I was lucky enough to be off training as a Techmarine.

#15 ·
Definitely Word Bearers, if there were dark gods, that could literally make you IMMORTAL, why the hell wouldn't you worship them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.