Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Armada or X-wing? Fight!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 03:47 AM
Fallen

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Ork View Post
As I've been researching, I've heard that (supposedly) Armada's wave 1 box doesn't give you everything you need to play the game like X-wing's starter box does. Is that true? If so what is it missing, and where do you get the rest of what you need to play? Boy if true, that would be an additional drawback to a game that already costs more to get started.
The armada starter box (which comes with a Corvette, a Nebulon-B, and a Victory + some fighters for each side) leans pretty heavily on the Imperials - also got the individual ships didn't help too much to change the fact

Wave 2 gave us the Gladiator and the Assault Frigate Mk2 - which gave the Rebels their first "front line" ship, the nebulons and corvettes are very glass-hammery, and gave the imperials probably their most efficient ship in the gladiator.

Wave 3 brought us the Imperial Star Destroyer, Raider, the MC 80 (Ackbar) and the MC 30 - this wave brought out both heavy hitters for both sides (probably give the edge with the Rebels) an anti-fighter/corvette ship for the Imperials, which is nice - not super amazing - and the MC 30 which is probably the best small ship in the game, getting a pair of these for the rebels is probably the best thing to do for them ATM if one was planning on building a pure Rebel fleet with no Imperials.

----

For X-wing...the "it's only $15" is kinda a potential thing that you gotta worry about. http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-5231-Organizer-Porsche/dp/B000HJ9514/ref=sr_1_1?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1457671080&sr=1-1&keywords=plano+storage
one of those holds

6 TIEs
3 Interceptors
1 Bomber
2 Advanced
(soon to be a 2nd bomber and a Defender)

2 A-Wings
2 B-Wings
2 X-Wings
2 7-Wings
1 Hawk

3 Z-95s
1 Starviper
1 Outrider/YT2400
1 Slave 1/Firespray

The top holds all of my dice, tokens, etc.

I have a second "bottom" the I use to carry my movement "trays" for the ships, damage deck, upgrade cards - soo many upgrade cards - and the card decks for the 3 factions (Rebels, Imperials, Scum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome