Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Why bother with the new 40k Deathwatch?
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 03-05-16, 10:27 AM
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
That means they work as a unit which is lame and completely defeats the purpose I would have in mind for the models should I come across someone looking to use them in games.

...like hell I'm buying something that has an Imperial fucking Fist with a frag cannon.

It's not about having a full sized army, it's more about themed game play among those nostalgic enough to remember the WD rules/missions for the Last Chancers.
...so why do you need GW's permission to run them as seperate guys? You can use Squad Donatus in a game of Kill Team, I'm pretty sure.

I don't really understand your mindset (I'm not condemning it, just saying that I don't understand it). You're not looking to play them the way GW has stated you can play them (i.e. in a big squad as a formation in a bigger game of 40k), but you don't want to play with them unless it's in a GW-stated way. It sounds, to my ears, like you want to play the game with weird variant rules and alternative scenarios but not unless GW tells you to.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome