Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Hello All
Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-26-16, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
stokerd

I'm currently basing my Salamanders around the 3rd Company (mainly because of the Salamanders books), though most of the current army build is actually around the 1st Company (I'm building a terminator force assaulting a Space Hulk, using Space Hulk Terminators). It will look cool when done!

The next portion of the army will be exclusively 3rd Company - as they help Vulkan recover one of the Primarch's artifacts - specifically the Engine of Woes - a custom Fellblade that I'm going to kit bash.

My favorite game by far is 40k, but it gets a little intense for me. I had some serious health issues several years ago that have left lingering effects, and it's hard to concentrate for a full game (too many models). Thus, I play the smaller games when I want to roll dice but don't have the mental acuity to handle all the models. Warmachine is probably my second favorite.

As to previous armies, I've played:
- The Grapes of Wrath - original army (purple/white) - custom Space Marines
- Stormbringers - first fully painted army (bone/green) - based on Dark Angels/Deathwing
- Corgath 255th (the River Pirates) - Catachan IG army, painted blue/white
- Thousand Sons - my only tournament victory army
- Grey Knights - first iteration
- Necrons (bronze/green) - as many Destroyers as I could fit!
- Sons of Medusa - ended up losing 1200 points of this army (fully painted) in a fire
- Havenican 192nd - custom IG for my gaming club
- Hive Fleet Gorgon - custom Tyranids, based around them assimilating an Ork Waagh!
- Khorne Berserkers - Berserkers and Defilers (modeled as scorpions)
- Grey Knights - second iteration - this time fully painted
- Space Wolves
- Eldar Aspect Warriors
- Tau - a transport/skimmer heavy, mobile list. Only 3 Crisis suit (the HQ and bodyguard)
- Chaos Daemons - all four gods represented in multiple units
- Thousand Sons (again) - professionally painted to a beautiful standard! This army I was sad to see go, but it ended up paying for a lot of my medical bills when I got sick.
- Da Good Ole Boyz - Orks built around Big Meks, Killa Kans, and Deff Dreads. All vehicles are scratch-built and most of the Boyz are customized AoBR. Still have it because I don't want to get rid of it, but it's not painted.
- Ultramarines - was working on this army when I got sick, had to sell it. What was finished was really well painted (best I've done), with two Rhinos w/ opening doors and LED lights.
- Black Dragons (loved the idea of the bony protrusions)
- Monks of Terra - another custom Space Marine chapter, blue armor/yellow cloth - models were all the robed Dark Angels models.
- Dragon Knights - orange/blue based on Salamanders, I custom cast front panels/doors for Rhinos, shoulder pads for Marines. Had two squads (Marines + Rhino) done before decided it was going to be too much work.
- Eldar Wraiths - started just before the codex came out (and the plastic Wraithguard). Magnetized Wraithlords and Wraithknights
- Dark Eldar - skimmer heavy with two planes - couldn't handle painting the small miniatures
- Blood Angels - almost completely a jump troop army, sold it when assault marines stopped being troops.
- Knights Panther- white/purple Space Marines based on Salamanders
- Salamanders (Space Hulk) - what's currently being done
- Imperial Knights - currently all still in the box, was going to build it, but got distracted by Salamanders I plan on magnetizing and lighting (with LEDs) all five knights eventually.

Somewhere in there I also had a Sisters of Battle army I was making for my wife. At some point, I've played every army in 40k (except the new Skitarii/AdMech), but keep coming back to Space Marines.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome