Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Salamander 30k list (Help Please)
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-20-16, 11:40 PM
Deus Mortis

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

I think what you are referring to is Armoured Ceremite, which negates the extra D6 you get from Melta weapon (although not Melta-bombs because they have Armourbane which isn't negated). However neither Armoured Ceremite nor Flare Shield comes stock and a Spartan kitted out like that runs at about 340 points IIRC. The other thing worth mentioning is that the Flare Shield only affects shooting on the front arc. Side and Rear don't get the -1 S sadly. Equally, Kraken Penetrators from a Lightning or Graviton cannons with massed Haywire will negate pretty much all of the Spartan's buffs.

Don't get me wrong, Flare Shielded, Armoured Ceremite-d Spartans are brutal to crack. Especially at 1750. Especially if you also run The Covenant of Fire and get a nice invulnerable save against melta, plasma and flamer weapons. However, they are beatable if you have the right tools for the job.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome