Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Unending Tide

[Recruitment] 
20K views 147 replies 16 participants last post by  Euphrati 
#1 · (Edited)
Segmentum Tempestus, the galactic south of the Imperium of man, region of the infamous Death Corps of Krieg, Raven Guard adeptus astartes, and the adeptus sororitas shrineworld of Ophellia VII. To its west lies the Uhulis sector, dozens of systems that supply materials to the vast machine that is the Imperium. The Prolial system is but one of these, three of its five planets rich in metals used to create vehicles for various Imperial organizations. Once every five hundred years, for a span of six weeks, the sun of Prolial sends out a burst of solar radiation that cuts off all of the planets in the system from communication between one another and the rest of the galaxy.

As predicted, the sun of Prolial cut off communication throughout the system, and roughly six weeks later its worlds began to receive communications between one another. That is, Prolial prime and Prolial III and the handful of system defense ships. Prolial IV, the outermost inhabited world of the system, remained silent. After a full day of attempted communication, several of the systems ships investigated. Four days after setting out, a single desperate word screamed through space. It represented a combination of warning, terror, and coming doom: Orks.

Of all the enemies that beset the Imperium from both within and without, none are more numerous and tenacious than the green tide of the Orks. During the six week communication loss Prolial had suffered, a space hulk had entered the system near enough to orbit Prolial IV, from deep within the hulk millions of Orks had descended on the unsuspecting world and over the course of the blackout had enslaved the populace and ransacked the planets materials.

With the blackout over and the presence of Orks known, the astropathic choir of Prolial prime sent out a call for help. But already it looked like things might be to late for Prolial III, would the same be for the entire system?

Hello everybody and welcome to Unending Tide, an RP focused on a group of PDF troopers caught behind enemy lines after aid from the distant Imperium is blunted by invading Ork forces. In the weeks since the first world of Prolial fell, the Imperium dispatched a small relief fleet including two regiments of Elysian drop troops in addition to a small crusade of Black Templars. Only Prolial prime still stands, a mining world with three major star-port cities each centered on one of three continents. As things begin, the group will find themselves on the southern continent as much of the fighting strength is wiped out; now the troopers that remain, along with a few offworlders they have come across, must make their way back to Imperial controlled land or face a never ending land of greenskins.

Rules:
-No godmodding
-As GM my decision is final, please respect that
-Eight sentences minimum per action thread post
-If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. You never know, I might let you do things a bit out of the updates boundries
-Stuff happens, thats the way life works; if you aren't going to be able to post for a while or are losing interest than let me know. The worst thing you can do is say nothing and vanish, which is the easiest way to get on my bad side.
-Post once, post a dozen times, its completely up to you as long as you can do the minimum per post

Character Sheet:
-Before you make your character, understand that this is not first come first serve, and I will ignore characters from players trying to 'reserve' a spot. If your interested thats one thing, but don't feel put down if someone gets a character up before you that you wanted because I may feel your character fits better.

Name:

Appearance: (What do you look like?)

Personality: (What is your character like? [PDF]Did your character work near the ports and had heard rumours or stories of Orks? [Elysian] is this your first time being deployed against Orks?)

Background: (Prolial prime is primarily a mining world, mountain regions and oceans splitting up the planet. Do you hail from a mining town or one of the space port cities?)

Group: (Either PDF or Elysian)

Equipment: [PDF have access to frag grenades, a combat knife, spare ammo, and sub-standard flak vest and helmet] [Elysians have access to frag and krak grenades, rebreather, a combat knife, spare ammo, and flak armour with carapace shoulder pads]

Weapons: [PDF are armed with las-carbines, single shot las weapons that can only shoot a dozen or so bolts before depleting the cell. The shots are stronger than a standard lasgun.] [Elysians are armed with Accatran pattern lasguns and either an autopistol, laspistol, or sawn off shotgun.]

One PDF character may have a flamer or heavy stubber in place of his las-carbine.

One Elysian may replace his lasgun with the Mk IVc variant (underslung grenade launcher) but must take a pistol. If this option is not chosen than one Elysian may replace all of his grenades and pistol/shotgun with demo-charges.

Characters:
Prolial Prime Defense Force
Lord Necross as Dominous Krassus 'The Heavy'
Deus Mortis as Alec Greiner 'The Steady'
The Tall One as Zachariah Thede 'The Scholar'
Iron-Within as Liam Caul 'The Survivor'
komanko as Silas Keldor 'The Average'
Asamodai as Jakon LaVeer
Khorne's Fist as Gallan Robickai

Elysian 173rd Drop Regiment
unxpekted as Tobias Lengen 'The Egotist'
dark angel as Elias Lengen 'The Snaggletooth'

Gebrin Crusade
Euphrati as Initiate Theodoricus Gervas 'The Last'

Note: I am looking for more PDF than Elysian characters; there is a maximum of three Elysians allowed and I will not accept new ones if there are fewer PDF characters.

See less See more
#2 ·
*stalks from the shadows*

A chance to partake in one of the legendary Darkreever rp's again? It has indeed been far, far too long.

I hope to get my offering before you this evening, Reever.

#5 ·
You should see a PDF character from me soon too.

#6 · (Edited)
There is something enigmatic about the stain of war, the black grit of desperate battles that gets under the nails and marks the skin in a way that no amount of the fetid, tepid water collected from a shell cratered puddle can ever remove. Of resolve, blackened and broken upon the jagged shards of human fear, ferociously collected in the bleeding moments of heroic last stands that will never see the immortality of the ink scribed pages in an annual of record.

It is the familiar chemical tang of promethium and blessed oils. A battlefield’s potpourri of burnt flesh and the ruptured stew of internal organs laid open to air. Transhuman sweat and the sharp bite of combat stims pumping through geneforged veins. The biological, fungal rankness that is the Xenos.

Even I, forged for war with the blood of a demi-god running through my veins, am not immune to its grip.

Over all of the spoors, there is a lone trace that I cannot shake from my mind. It is the scent that sticks with me, stains my consciousness with every breath and lingers on the back of my tongue. One that fans the flames of my hatred and abhorrence for these Xenos filth more than any of the others could ever hope to match.

The rich, copper potency of my brothers’ heartblood cuts through all of the lesser atrocities like a blade through my soul.

This galaxy is the Emperor’s. I am His blade that will cut out the hearts of all who dare oppose Him. The foul swine shall pay for their audacity to violate the birthright of Man. They shall pay for daring to set foot on this holy soil. For the sin of daring to even exist.

There is nowhere in this galaxy that the vermin can hide from my vengeance.

No pity. No remorse. No Fear.

----

Name: Initiate Theodoricus Gervas

Appearance: Eyes that boarder in between the steel grey of a threatening storm and the cold blue of the deep ocean tides still hold the shadow of the youth that Theo sacrificed in his oaths to the chapter and the Emperor. Under his sacred battle plate, his skin has the faint olive tone of his homeworld lost in the cold space of Segmentum Tempestus and is marked with the pale scaring of implantation and the metallic studding of his armour’s neural sockets. His hair is a shade of sable just this side of black which he keeps shorn tight on the sides with a roguish top crest just short enough to make a mockery of any attempt to tame it down to his skull. His face is clean shaven and heroically striking in the way of the forgotten sculptures of the Old Terran Romainia empire, features caught between that of a human male in his prime and the demi-god genes of his sire Lord Rogal Dorn. At just a blade’s width over 2.2 meters tall, Theo is on the shorter side of average height for an astartes but makes up for the lack of height with the thick cording of muscles that trace his enhanced frame. He still carries a faint accent from his homeworld, giving his deep voice a surprisingly humble softness when it is not growled through his helm’s vox.

Personality: In battle Theo has a tenacious nature that boarders on the point of sheer stubbornness, and his choler can be dangerously sharp at times especially in the face of what he considers cowardly behavior. He loathes the thought of those who make use of subterfuge and deception rather than fighting a straight up battle, and as a Neophyte, in a storm of rage, nearly killed a decadent popinjay noble who was hiding behind the lines of a battle demanding the Templars die for him to escape and refusing to fight for himself. He was only stopped by the presence of his Castellan who drug the screaming aristocrat into the middle of the raging battlefield and executed the blubbering man-child for cowardice himself. Fiercely devoted to the Emperor, Primarch Dorn, and the persecution of the enemies of mankind, Theo can verge on the side of blind fanatic in his beliefs at times. His youth still shows in a slightly naïve view of humanity’s virtues as he has had precious few true interactions with humans outside of the chapter serfs.

Outside of the rage of battle, Theo is more reserved yet still fiercely dedicated to his training. He has passionately devoted himself to the goal of becoming an exemplar of the pious warrior-scholar. Though still young within the order, he has engrossed himself in the teachings and writings of his Primarch and the first High Marshal Sigismund, amid other notable warriors of both the Templars and brother chapters, pushing himself mercilessly both in the training cages and scholarly arts yet never seeking accolades for his deeds. What praise he has received he returns with humble, quiet acknowledgement.

Equipment: His suit of mark VII power armour is scratched, burned, battered, scared and stained with the rank blood of the Ork. Bare grey ceramite shows through where crude blades scored the surface and the fall from orbit in the wretched xenos landing craft has left its mark on him. The shinning steel cross on his chest is flanked by out stretched wings of exquisite detail, each vein of the feathers micro etched with the words of his Gene-sire. The black crosses of Sigismund stand out defiantly against the marked stark white of Theo’s shoulder guards, each one exhibiting an almost invisible inlay of scrolling black iron. The artistic grace of the black on black details at defiant odds with the damage around them and pitiless galaxy which looks upon them. The tattered remains of a pure white surcoat hangs across his chest, the jagged edge of the fabric stopping just below his knees and the scraps of remaining fabric bound at the waist by a blacken chain with each link engraved with litanies of hatred to his enemies and purity of purpose in his oaths. His helm’s eye lenses are the colour of fresh blood and there is the half torn remains of an oath paper fixed to his left shoulder pad with the deep crimson of a purity seal.

Weapons: Astartes MK Vb Godwyn pattern Bolter covered in silver devotional scrollwork by Theo’s own hand and ritually bound to his armour with blackened adamantium chains, bolt pistol, combat blade with white leather hand grip bound in thin silver chain and a Templar cross carved in black diamond in the pommel, and a chainsword with no other marking than a single filigreed silver cross on the ebony blade.

Background: Borne on an Imperial world of ragged cliffs and ranging oceans, Theodoricus remembers little from his true childhood save for soft-edged memories of the salt laced air and the thundering roar of waves against unforgiving rock. At the age of seven he was taken by the crusade fleet that passed through the system, beginning his indoctrination and a ruthless training regime.

He rose through the ranks of neophytes with a vigorous display of raw ferocity and tenacious hatred towards the alien, the witch, and the unclean. Although he was not the top of his group in mastery of bolt weapons, his brutal fighting style with the sword was admired for its efficiency even with the blunt absence of anything resembling finesse. Theo was regarded for his sheer zeal and the depth of his righteous fury that drove him onwards, a devotion that was noted when he earned the right to take his place as an Initiate within the ranks of his brethren.

Theo is part of a seventy strong crusading force that sailed the stars in three vessels. Theo and the majority of his brothers were ordered by his Castellan to enact an attack on the hulk itself the moment they arrived in range. Their task was to attempt to destroy vital systems in order to divert it from the planet and towards the systems star.

Despite the sacrifices of the Templars, the action failed to stem the overwhelming tide of ork flesh that began spilling out onto the planet bellow and the crusades Castellan called for Theo and his surviving brothers to fall back; causing damage to the hulk as they did. Theo and the four brothers that were left of his squad stole aboard an ork transport as it hurled towards the planet on screaming thrusters. The mass of metal and random stolen technologies that made up the transport teemed with greenskins frothing for the coming battle. Theo and his brothers lay waste to the confined orks, butchering their way to what constituted the bridge of the vessel and slaying the orkish pilots. But not without losses and not without consequences. The craft went into a nose dive, burning through the atmosphere like a meteor before smashing into the surface of the planet and plowing a deep furrow through the blessed Imperial soil.

Theo was the only one of his remaining squad to survive impact, tearing himself from the bent and burning wreck with a feral roar of loss and hatred. His battle plate damaged and unable to make contact with the ships in orbit, Theo is unaware if any of the other squads made it off the hulk. Panting with the burn of combat stims lacing his veins, he turns to his last orders: make planetfall and link up with the Imperial defenders on the planet, locate the source of the Ork leadership on the planet, and deliver the Emperor's wrath.

Ignoring the scrolling runes at the corner of his vision detailing his own armour’s damaged systems, Theo plants his chainsword into the scorched earth and takes a knee as his twin hearts beat a rhythm in his chest; a dark, blood-stained son of a demi-god in the midst of the burning debris, and prays. The words of benediction to his fallen brothers and a vow of unending retribution still tingling on his lips, he looks over the wreckage one last time before following the glowing icons of his helm’s tactical display marking the last know location of the nearest Imperial elements.

#8 ·
I agree, I'd comment more but I'm taking my fiance, my brother, and his girlfriend out. Dare say I haven't been to medieval times in more than fifteen years.

That doesn't mean I won't say this: glad to see your entry Euphrati, everything looks good.

#9 ·
I'll be posting an Elysian in the next few days.

It's good to be back.

#10 ·
Well now, this has turned into the distinct possibility of an all-star cast.

#12 ·
If No one, is interested in My RP, I might join this one. My question is if I make a Character (I think I will make a PDF), Can I use a Shotgun instead of a Las Carbine? Just a question. If not, I'll see if I can snag being the Heavy Stubber user, nothing like lugging around a .50cal machine gun.

#21 ·
Writing up my character, now, but got stuck - Why are the Elysians on the planet? New arrivals? Also, any particular Regiment that we should go with?

#22 ·
Why are the Elysians on the planet?
What, Orks invading a system not reason enough for the guard to be sent in?

New arrivals?
They have been present in the system for two weeks, whether that means you'll have been on the ground most/all that time or seen combat I am not saying yet.

Also, any particular Regiment that we should go with?
173rd Drop troops and 94th Elysian light. The first is your regiment, standard drop troop regiment, and the second is more of a light armoured regiment (high number of tauros and tauros venators.)

#24 ·
It was seen, and I'm gonna say no on the shotgun. I think the last thing your character is going to want is to be close to whatever he/she will be shooting at.

#25 · (Edited)
Gotcha. Heavy stubber it is. If still available. Will start working on my sheet when I get Home.

Edit: Here is My Sheet

The Heavy

Name: Dominous "Grease" Krassus, Also Called "Dom"

Appearance:

Height 6' 2"

Weight: 195lbs

Hair Description: Buzzed short and Salt and Pepper Colored, Meaning mostly white-grey hair with the stray black hair every now and then. Facial hair is full, and kept up enough to be passable for duty and to not get in the way. (It Used to be Black.)

Eyes: Deep Green, with hints of Yellow

Physique: Heavily muscled (And Hairy) chest and Arms, With Toned (equally Hairy) Legs, and a slight belly caused by food and drink. A Deep Scar is on the right side of his face from an accident long ago, which under the hair must have been handsome at one point, but scowling and the scar have managed to hide that.

Personality: A Former Law Enforcement Sergeant, was given little choice in joining the PDF when stories of the orks hit the port cities, regardless he did actually volunteer regardless of encouragement to do so. When Sober, he usually is scowling or lost in thoughts, and has little interest in people. His weakness for drink when not kept busy might point to depression, or the need to forget something.

Background: Dominus was born in a mining town outside one of the major Port Cities. His mother was a maid to the local bureaucrats, specifically the mayor of the sprawling mining town though small when compared to the port cities. His father however worked the mines, though he didn't have the most menial work but instead operated machinery and helped to keep it functioning. Dom as a byproduct of this life split between brief steps into the world of luxury, mostly by being present when his mother worked, and experiencing grueling life at the mines through his father, gave him a diverse perspective. A perk of his mother's job is he managed to get an education, and even befriended the Mayor's son, when at first it was looked down upon but with time simply tolerated, as the Mayor's son wanted the friendship.

This was short lived though as when he got old enough to work the mines. Like his father he worked with machines and kept them working, his natural skill with engines and the like kept him from being like the other young boys forced to crawl into small holes to place explosives deep in the mines. His most significant life event during this period though was meeting the woman that would eventually become his wife. She was a bit younger than him, but she caught his eye, and he felt compelled to watch over her. However She proved to be tougher than he first thought, she seemed determined not to be seen as weak, and despite this they became friends. With time though, and going through tough times in the mines they eventually fell for one another, and married and were happy, for a while at least. Having managed to get enough money, not wanting to enlist help from the Mayor’s son in any way due to personal pride, he purchased a home in the town for himself and her to start a family. However it was not to be and the two times she managed to get pregnant, both children were lost in miscarriage. They were both devastated, but her more-so than him as she felt an unwarranted sense of inadequacy. He was there to support her, but recovery never came.

The final change in Dom’s life occurred during a busy night in the mines, she and him were on the same team operating the mine’s conveyor system and directing the mine’s teams of deep mine transport vehicles, which were used for bring teams down to very low levels to excavate new tunnels, prospect, and bring back samples. The situation was chaotic due to a quota needing to be met soon, and all hands were busy with other duties. An incident had happened in the deep mines, a transport had been caught in a collapse in a new offshoot tunnel, details about the team were not given as the machine was considered more valuable than the lives of those operating it. They grabbed a team and tools to recover the vehicle and took their own transport down to the site of the incident, and unsurprising discovered that the crew had been killed due to the unstable strata of the new offshoot. Just as they were managing to get the vehicle out, after collecting what they could of the dead team, so the families would have something to mourn, another collapse happened after they pulled the vehicle out. The rock slashed Dom’s face wide open, barely avoiding his head being smashed by the rock above, but this fate was not shared by his wife who was utterly crushed by the immeasurably heavy rock above them. His team had to fight and eventually knock him out to get him and both transports out. What he left with was a crushed spirit, and a lock of her beautiful hair. He was only a young adult by the time this happened, about 25 at the time.

The proceeding months were ones of utter despair and depression, and he turned to drink, despite the fact his wife despised the substance. It was all he had to keep the pain out, and he only continued to work to support this habit. However not long after this his old friend had gotten ahold of him again, learning about the tragedy and expressing his condolences, his suggestion to Dom was to move him to the Port city and give him a job in law enforcement, to keep him busy to keep him from drink and hopefully get his mind of his loss. He was successful in getting him away from drink, for the most part, but this did little to change his new outlook on life. He kept busy and got good at his job, being skilled with maintaining engines and vehicle operation earned him the nickname “Grease” by his fellow officers, and he kept the forces vehicles in top shape. As an Officer he preferred things to end quickly, and gangers met their end at his preferred weapon of choice, a shotgun, and if they were lucky enough to be worthy of arrest, his fists or a baton. Secretly he wished the job would get him killed,but he had no intention of going quietly so he got good at his job, keeping himself in shape and busy with work or vehicle related projects. However with news of these horrid xeno beasts invading the system, he joined the PDF, at a bit higher rank due to experience and his connections. The opportunity could not be passed up though, as there was only two possibilities of this conflict, either the xeno scum would die, or he would finally join his wife.

Group: PDF

Equipment: Flak Vest and Helmet, Spare Heavy Stubber Ammo, A Combat Knife, and A Few Grenades, a Locket in the shape of a engine cog with a Picture of his wife and a lock of Silver hair.

Weapons: Heavy Stubber

#26 · (Edited)
DA and I hope for our brothers to be Elysians, but if necessary, we will be happy to change them to PDF instead.

Name: Tobias Lengen

Appearance: A handsome, elegant-faced young man, standing just under six feet at 5'11'' (~1.8 meters). His dirty-blonde hair is fairly short, but long enough to see that it is naturally wavy even while matted from his pressure helmet. It flows and curls in such a way that some may see it as just messy, and others may see it as richly styled. He has an overall triangular face-type. His cheek and jawbones are midway between broad and narrow, with an aquiline nose and a chin to match. His eyes are a razor-edged blue. His eyebrows are thin, but rather fierce. He has no facial hair, and the small amount of body hair he has is negligible, particularly since it is thin and lightly colored.

Personality: Tobias is a proud, cocky, and waspish individual. He is very good at what he does, and he knows it. He gets heated quickly when he feels others are slowing him down. He enjoys being a drop trooper, and has never had any qualms with killing. His first kill in the Elysian PDF covered half his uniform in the desperate pirate's blood, and all he could think of was how pleased his father would be. He has a deep, underlying connection with his older brother to such an extent that if Elias were to ever perish, the strengthening presence he offers Tobias would become a chasmal weakness in his younger sibling's heart. A dangerous game to play when their profession lies in war, making it an especially good thing that they have both excelled in their roles together.

Background: Tobias comes from a family with a long line of military service and history. Though enlisting in the Elysian PDF is entirely voluntary, it was expected of him and his older brother to enlist. He had been excited, for the adventure of it, the thrill, the family pride. It was what he was born to do. His father was exceptionally prestigious within the ranks and had gone on to serve in the Elysian regiments of the Imperium. His father lived through many years of service in the Guard, and lives on Elysia once again, now commanding one of the PDF regiments there. He and Elias have an older sister who has children, so the family won't end. They also have younger sisters who have just reached marital age - Tobias and Elias don't really know them, though, having been away for eleven years. Their name being somewhat famous - with a long tradition of soldiers - means it's desirable to take it, rather than the women of the family taking the names of their husbands.

He joined the local PDF at 18 years, his brother alongside him, and remained in the system on duty for four years before deciding it was time to move onto greater things, and lend their skills to the Imperium at large. In the several years since, he has fought many actions and tours against human foes from within the Imperium such as pirates, rebels, and the occasional heretical cult. He has also served in a multitude of search and rescue missions, wildlife clearing, abandoned or wrecked space station or space ship investigation, and other non-war tasks that the Elysians were well suited for.

Since he and his brother have proven to be incredibly effective alongside each other, they have so far managed to stay in the same squad within the 173rd regiment. Tobias expects his father, and maybe grandfather as well, pulled some strings to further ensure this.

Despite several years of active duty, the Prolial mission is the first that he and his brother have fought against a major xenos threat. Before now, Tobias had only encountered xenos pirate crews. The Orks, are an entirely new foe to him. Upon entering the system, he was certain it would be a bit tougher than usual, but still nothing to be worried about. He has never been on the losing side, at least not in any major way, during his years of service. Because of this, and his family's success over the centuries, he has come to assume victory before the fighting even begins.

Group: Elysian

Equipment: Grav-chute and jumpsuit for drops. Once on the ground he has both frag and krak grenades, his rebreather, a combat knife, spare ammo, and flak armour with carapace shoulder pads.

Weapons: Like most of his fellow drop troops, Tobias lands into action with an Accatran pattern MkIV lasgun. The shortened name, T. Lengen, is stencil painted in English-Gothic font on the side of the barrel. Above the magazine receiver near the rear of the bullpup style firearm is a small wax seal holding a small strip of parchment with a litany to the Emperor, and a blessing for the weapon, inscribed upon it. For a secondary weapon, he carries his father's old sawed-off shotgun. This weapon comes from Elysia herself, with a wooden body behind the shortened metal barrels. The weapon was a gift from his father, for graduating to the Guard and the 173rd Drop Troop Regiment. As such, it is artfully crafted, with a golden emblem printed into the handle and metal ribbing along the foregrip. Needless to say, he has taken great care in maintaining it.

#27 ·
Oh mighty darkreever please accept my humble character as an offering for your RP!

Name: Alec Greiner

Appearance: His inky black hair forms in tight curls, keeping it only an inch or so from his scalp, and he keeps a short, coarse, beard of the same colour. His eyes are a soft brown. The rest of his face is oddly smooth to the touch but you wouldn’t know it from looking at him. Alec has a face with a certain quality that makes most people when they first meet him swear they have seen him before, even if they haven’t. Alec is a man of modest height, 5’ 10”, but well-built as he hails from one of the few of Prolial’s sea-ports where he helped with on the family fishing trawlers for most of his adolescence. The most notable feature of his body is a thick, ropey scar stretching from the bottom of his rib-cage on his right side to his sternum, obtained when he was 15 and his ship pulled a razor-squid up in their nets.

Personality: Alec can best be described as cautiously adventurous. He enjoys the thrills of chasing giant sea-creatures and exerting his strength against restless masses, but these are battles he is confident he can win. He is not brave though, being a quick voice to advise caution against fool-hardy or needlessly dangerous actions; at least, when it is not to his superior officers who would likely reprimand him. He has a rather laid-back personality when not on duty, often found slouching with a lho-stick in his fingers and a wry smile on his lips. However, when on duty he is diligent and watchful, faithful and thorough in any task set to him (even if he grumbles whilst doing it). At odds with most of Prolial’s populace, he has a mild form of claustrophobia. It is nowhere close to debilitating, but he finds dark confined spaces unnerving since they are so at odds with his ingrained view of the world from the deck of a ship.

When the sun of Prolial Alec and several of his friends in the PDF shared horror stories of what beast might stalk from the shadows. Most of them were things they regarded as fairy-tales, heard by their grandparent’s grandparents and of no substance. Imagine their surprise, and horror, when they discovered the monstrous xenos they had only days ago bragged about being able to slay turned out to be very real indeed.

Background: Alec was born to a family who owned a company which trawled Prolial’s oceans for aquatic delicacies for the rich and famous. It kept him and his siblings, an older sister, a younger sister and a teenage brother, out of poverty but it also afforded them access to meals usually denied to someone of their economic background, since a couple of catches could be missed without too much trouble. Although they had a home in the port-town, most of Alec’s life was spent at sea. He was born at sea and spent many of his young years watching his family at work. It was from these experiences he would catch his desire for adventure, but also his caution about entering unnecessary conflicts. After all, a chase may prove exhilarating or a catch in deeper water may be tempting, but if you can’t make back to shore then it is folly.

Initially he learnt from his parents all the skills he would need in the business. He learnt to steer ships, command a crew, spot catches and also perform every task on the ships from repairs to cleaning the deck. When he was 15 the trawler was expected to pull up a catch of arrow-bass they had been chasing. However, what emerged from the ocean, thrashing in their net, was a colossal razor-squid. Alec was one of those pulling the net up and one of the squid’s razor-bladed tentacles slashed open his side before it was eventually harpooned to death and dragged aboard. Being at least 24 hours from shore, Alec was only able to be treated with the on-board medical supplies. This coupled with his own restless nature meant that his wound did not heal as neatly as it should, leaving him with his ropey scar.

As Alec grew to maturity he found that, whilst the life of an ocean voyager had its share of excitements, he had seen almost all of them and he wished to see more of the world. As such, several years before the Prolial sun cut of communications between the planets, Alec signed up to join the PDF. There several of his sailor skills proved transferable. Most notably his keen eye (due to spotting the small trails of shoals of fish on the surface of the water), the ability to weather the elements (due to often having be on-deck in any weather and bear it) and the ability to focus even while disoriented (due to him being used to being rocked about on a ship) had made him an able soldier and a decent shot. Hence, Alec has several times been selected for reconnaissance missions.

Group: PDF

Equipment: Frag grenades, a combat knife, spare ammo, sub-standard flak vest and helmet

Weapons: Las-carbine

#28 ·
Name: Elias Lengen.

Group: Elysian.

Appearance: More rugged in his looks than Tobias, his eyes are a duller, sad hazel, his hair a darker shade of blonde. Broader in chin, nose and cheeks, though with the same, thin mouth and dark brows. His hair is a darker shade of blonde, unruly though not unkempt, with a thin, well-groomed beard covering his jawline and chin. He is taller than Tobias, his shoulders are wider, his hands larger. Though the more physically imposing of the pair, Elias has an infectious smile, his teeth white and pearly, always accompanied by a peal of deep, echoing laughter.

Personality: Elias is blisteringly proud - Of his family, of Elysia, of himself. He lacks the hotheadedness of his brother, despite being as capable, as intelligent; taking no particular joy in killing, though he is ruthlessly salacious - Leaving a string of bastards and undesirables across a dozen worlds. Charming, Elias is a renowned womaniser amongst the Elysian Hundred-and-Seventy-Third, a reputation that he carries with a hearty grin. Amicable and generous, Elias is quick to forgive - Though, never when his family have been insulted. His brother is the hammer, and Elias the anvil - Their bond unbreakable, their faith in one another unquenchable.

Background: Elias was weaned on tales of heroism, of adventures in the distant stars, on the fame of his family. In the scholam, he excelled at sports - An excellent pugilist, a better sprinter and a laurelled swimmer. His popularity, amongst the students and the tutors, was unrivalled. To his father, he was a source of pride and joy, to his brother he was a role model, and on times, a protector. When Tobias wound himself into trouble, it was always Elias's fists that proved the solution. Despite the tales, despite the medals and honours that his family bore, Elias was uninterested in war. He wanted to see the stars, yes, but not from behind a las-rifle. Fate, so they say, is inexorable.

From a young age, Elias was infatuated with a fellow student, raven-haired, wild-eyed Theodora, and to him, no star shone brighter. Their love was pure, often found hand-in-hand, smiling, laughing, their happiness unbound. She was kind, gentle to Tobias, charitable, quick of wit - And, at eighteen, her and Elias were formally betrothed. Pregnancy soon swelled Theodora's belly, and their happiness continued to soar.

However, tragedy struck. The child was born, cold and lifeless. The happiness in Theodora was sapped, and though Elias was a constant presence, she turned away from him. Into the congregation of a mad preacher she went - Donning the robes of a repentant - And a scant year and half after their marriage, utterly devoted herself to a pilgrimage. Onwards to Holy Terra, she told Elias, and when I return, we'll be happy again, our children will laugh, and play, and run with the horses.

In the ensuing months, Tobias slowly, but surely, convinced Elias to join the PDF. Four hard years followed, Elias reddening his hands with blood, begriming his face with dust and ash. Elias waited for his wife, his hearts kindled with hope, but she never returned. Four years of waiting, of butchering and protecting, were wasted away. Once again, Tobias's persuasion proved paramount - And both enrolled themselves into the ranks of the Imperial Guard. Far and wide, they travelled, the Imperial Aquila proud and defiant above them. Worlds blurred together, campaigns became an endless tide - But onwards they surged, unstoppable, the Regiment finding itself decorated and victorious.

Onto Prolial. Onto the Orks.

Equipment: Elias is studious and meticulous, keeping his equipment - His grenades, his serrated combat knife, his rebreather - Daubed crudely with golden wings - And flak armour well-maintained.

Weapons: His las-gun is bare, though polished and oiled, and he also wields an antiqued autopistol - Old and weathered, though nonetheless deadly - Preferring the reliability of it to a las-pistol. This, he'll tell you merrily, was a gift from his father, who once carried it himself, on a dozen worlds. Elias has christened it, since it came into his belongings, Theodora.

#31 ·
Any Comments reever? Do we get a pass?
I actually have no comments for your characters; I am liking everything I see. That being said, yep all characters so far are accepted and have been edited into my first post.

#32 ·
Pretty good mix of characters so far it seems, is there a total body count you are looking for Reever?

#34 ·
is there a total body count you are looking for Reever?
To start I would like another three characters before putting the action thread up. After that, I will still be accepting new characters for a time, as I often do.

#33 ·
Oh, damn you darkreever.

It's been so long, and I'm definitely massively out of practise, but it's really bloody tempting to give this a shot.

I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.