Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 2500 point Maru Skara list
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-16, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Deus Mortis

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

To be honest, at 1850 I'm not sure I'd take the Maru Skara. To be effective you need to invest a fair bit in the Hidden Blade and I think a good rule of thumb is that your shouldn't have more than 25% invested in your hidden blade (about 460 points for 1850, 625 for 2500). So constructing an effective Hidden Blade and Open Blade at 1850 points is quite limiting and especially with the point sink of a Champion it isn't always worth it. However, if I had to I'd probably play a list like this:

Delegatus: phoenix spear; boarding shield; artificer armour; The Maru Skara 115
3 Space Marine Chosen: 3 power sword; 3 power axe; 3 combat shield; Legion Standard Bearer (power axe; power sword; combat shield) 220

Champion: phoenix spear; boarding shield; artificer armour 125

15 Tactical Space Marines: additional chainsword; nuncio-vox; Legion Vexilla; Tactical Sergeant (phoenix spear; artificer armour; melta bombs) 280

15 Tactical Space Marines: additional chainsword; nuncio-vox; Legion Vexilla; Tactical Sergeant (phoenix spear; artificer armour; melta bombs) 280

2 Apothecaries: 2 augury scanner; 2 artificer armour 120

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought: two kheres pattern assault cannon 180

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought: two kheres pattern assault cannon 180

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod 100

Vindicator: laser destroyer array; combi-bolter; power capacitor 135

Whirlwind Scorpius 115

1,850 points

Still has most of the elements of the 2500 point list, but against AV 14 all I've got it the Vindicator and hopes of Glances. Still, if everything goes right, I can execute pretty much the same plan as before, but on a smaller scale.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome