Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1850 Emperor's Fist and CAD HELP!!!!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-15, 01:19 AM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHWT View Post
I read somewhere that the Emperor's Blade Assault Company only gives objective secured to the troops, not the transports.
This is specifically stated in the rules for the Formation, I was almost excited for it as well. For reference,

Also you can't take Pask in the Armoured Company, only in the Battle Group Command. Note the exception for Pask for the Command Formation and not for the Company one:

As for your tanks getting punched up in CC: that's the way she goes. You gotta get ruthless with your tank selections, you need to have a devastating shooting phase because it's all you really have. Heavy tanks will never out run anything no matter how hard you try. Bubblewrap can be ChimeraVets and terrain just as easily as it can be infantry units. Check it out:

Vets set up to slow things down and shoot, terrain on the side to force tests and slow down that flank. As the Orks advanced I could barely even move, but you can see here my front line once destroyed still acted as bubble wrap for cover saves and difficult terrain tests for the Boyz. Not to mention I steadily moved my Leman Russ's back into the corner even though they started off much closer:

Plans never hold together much past the second turn, but if you keep paying attention to how and why you're losing you might just be able to play better with your list as opposed to constantly switching it up looking for 'better' combinations. I won that game because the game before I wasn't moving my army back in the face of the advance and I got ran hard. It might not work the same again, but it's something to consider with all tank armies.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome