Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - [SPOILER ALERT!] Only enter IF YOU'VE SEEN Star Wars Episode 7
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-19-15, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Uber Ork

Uber Ork's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal310 View Post
I've seen the film once and I'm not convinced that Han is dead.
I don’t know, I feel like J.J. killed Han off for good. For years there was talk about how Harrison Ford thought Han Solo should have been killed off. He discussed it not too long ago on Jimmy Kimmel Live (you can read about it on wired or Cinema Blend, etc). I think J.J. gave Ford what he wanted in Force Awakens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal310 View Post
Harrison Ford is also confirmed as returning in Episode VIII......
That would be cool. IMDb doesn’t have Ford listed for Episode VIII, where as it does have Hamill. Do you remember where you heard that?

Even if Ford was cast for the film, I wouldn’t put too much stock in it. Mark Hamill and Gwendoline Christie were confirmed as being cast in Episode VII, and we heard Christie speak what, 2-3 lines, and Hamill didn’t even get a line. At this point, for all we know Ford could be cast for a flashback scene that’s meant to fill in a missing part of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
On the whole I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away by it. They got the cast pretty much spot on, except for Gleeson as the General. He just didn't have the gravitas for the role, and hammed up the bad guy shtick quite a bit. He is no Peter Cushing, that's for sure.
I totally agree.

Quote:
I'm going to call it and say Rey is Luke's daughter. It would explain her power being at least on a par with Renn's.
I thought about this after the movie. It certainly would explain her considerable connection to the force and why she was able to get the better of Kylo Ren in a number of instances. I’m not sure if this is the answer, but for sure there’s something going on with her mysterious past.

Quote:
I agree about Phasma. From all the marketing you'd think she was a major player in the movie. I'd say we haven't seen the last of her though.
It certainly feels like they have to bring her back, otherwise what a wasted character. We know that General Hux and Kylo Ren will be back. Supreme Leader Snoke told Hux to get Kylo Ren and leave Starkiller so that Snoke might complete his training. It would make sense that Phasma got out as well. I think in a way, she'll serve the future role of Boba Fett chasing after Han Solo.

I think Finn will continually be hunted by the FO for defecting and playing a key role in the destruction of Starkiller. No self respecting Captain could put up with a man under her command defecting, forcing her at gun point to lower the shields, putting her in a trash compactor, and then helping to blow up the FO's giant super weapon. As such, I think Phasma will lead the charge to get revenge on Finn.

Last edited by Uber Ork; 12-19-15 at 08:29 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome