Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - A Loli: Some Assembly Required
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 05:26 PM
morfangdakka
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post

Let Loli tell you a story. When I was an even younger Loli and first getting into the game during 4th edition, me and my friends all went to GW after two of us had gone to the beginners day a few days prior - was brilliant Ultramarines trying to get to a beacon before being overrun by 'Nids - each beginner had a 5 man marine squad to use as they wished, i gloriously charged my marines at a Carnifex to buy the other beginners time. Should have been there, I got mulched but I fought to the last marine I tell you! - anyway we all picked up our codices for our armies, I brought Firewarriors, Stealth Suits and a Commander all because they didn't have the Battle Sisters in Stock. We all went home to build and paint, I had chosen Mithril Silver scheme with Ice Blue and Pink on the weapons and plates. It was beautiful I tell you! Following weekend the four of us booked a table and went for a game, my Tau along side IG against Tyranids and Orks. We were all getting into it, people were watching. Then when one of my turns was over and I was removing my fallen Vespid from the table I started listening to the people who were near me. And they were laughing and commenting rather harshly regarding my painting and my awesome scheme of pink blue and silver. After hearing that my heart wasn't in the game, I list went home and didn't bring my models to the GW store for about 5 years. Creating this Plog last year was my attempt to build up confidence in my painting, even though I know I'm not the best painter and know I never will be, so to read all your comments really means a lot.
Good to hear you have over come that. I had a similar experience many years ago that kept me from painting any thing. Now I finally have time and I just bought an airbrush so time to get some Ad Mech and go crazy. Thanks for posting your work it is great to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
@morfangdakka, as honoured that I am to know you're touching yourself to my work, bear in mind I'm a Cyberborg Loli so my work could reach out and grasp your appendages rather tightly but unintentionally. So bear that in mind while touching.
You say that like it is a bad thing Heck I might wave it in your direction trying to entice it. Besides I'm an ork so it gets ripped off. I will just snag one from a sleeping mate, he ain't using it, and have the mad Doc sew it on. So all good.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome