Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Help me decide!
Thread: Help me decide!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-17-15, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
The Gunslinger
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Help me decide!

So, I have been thinking that its time to get back into actually playing some warhammer rather then just painting it and seeming AoS has free rules etc I decided that would be a great place to start.

However my problem at the minute is that because my vampire counts have been such a up hill struggle to get painted over the last couple of years I don't think I can honestly bring myself to look at them, at least for a while. So I am going to pick a new army, get a couple of units painted and play some games. What I need all of your help on is deciding what to go for.

I have narrowed my choices down to two options based purely on what I like the look of, which as someone who has been collecting and painting without playing a game in 3 years, is pretty important to me; Dark Elves and Lizardmen.

Each has its ups and downs, both can be built with a relatively small amount of troops, thus saving money and time, however Elves are fragile which could be a problem due to my complete lack of tactical prowess, where my understanding lizardmen are more forgiving to new players. Both are competent at magic, not sure if that is a good thing or not. Some of the lizardmen models, like the cold one knights, are old as hell and don't look anywhere as good as the elve equivalent. And finally, and this may be a little sad, but I always like there to be a model that I consider to be 'me' on the field, for my guard its my commissar, for my vampires its my vampire lord, etc, but I'm unsure which side, if either, has something like that.

Anyway I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Many thanks,

The Gunslinger

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome