Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Dark Angels vs Tau - 1850 pt Army List
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-15, 12:10 AM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Hmm. I'm usually pretty reserved in suggesting units since I can't really know what the person posting actually owns/is able to proxy. Running with the ideas you just generated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by helixis View Post
2x, 10-man tac squads w/ a heavy bolter and a flamer
inside drop pods with deathwind launchers[410]
Drop Pods are my favourite thing ever, though in this list putting down Tactical marines might not be the most tactically sound. This is kinda the idea though: a 10 man squad in whatever transport you like, deploying 5 men on the table with the heavy weapon and deploying 5 men with the sergeant and assault weapon in the transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helixis View Post
add a devastator squad with 2 lascannons and 2 missle launchers inside a razorback with plas/las and a hunter killer missile.[255]
If you really want to put Devastator squads with only two heavy weapons on the table, why not use Rhinos? You could shoot those two weapons out of the top hatch while protecting your marines, though depending on your terrain available for games they might just be better in Ruins and the points for transports spent elsewhere (more weapons for your devastators!).

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome