Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Stormcast and Space Marines - What Makes Them Differ?
View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 08-03-15, 11:41 AM
Angel of Lies

I'll admit that AoS is incredibly simple compared to WFB. However, its that simplicity which has actually been a benefit for some of the people I hang around with. Originally we all bought one battalion per person and half-assed painted them and then sat down to play. We never got past a couple of turns because, admittedly, the vast rulebook of WFB typically had us disagreeing on certain points (mainly to due with the stats during attacks). Yea we're probably not very intelligent nerds but alas the lore griped us and we gave it our best shot. The minis have been sitting in my closet for at least a year, if not 2 or 3. I can't honestly remember.

All of us work typically crazy hours so when we did get together we didn't have the time to sit down and really learn the game. AoS has made it incredibly simple. I actually played my first ever Warhammer game (40k or Fantasy) all the way to the end with a friend. Then played another 2 games. The first couple were messes but the simplified rules meant we could get into it easier and enjoy ourselves more.

Yea, I can see why people don't like the lore (which I'm having trouble making sense of myself) or the fact that 25 years of core-lore was kind of whitewashed out of the game, but meh -- WFB never had the following 40k did. At least not in the people I talked to.

As for the Stormcast Eternals, I don't really care. I kicked their ass with my Khorne Bloodbound and my Wretched Host (first time I ever got to play them). My only annoying thing with AoS is the lore could have stood to be a little darker -- but that could just be the 40k fanboy in me.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome