Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Why do people hate the Ultramarines?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-08, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
The Son of Horus
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Why do people hate the Ultramarines?

It's cool to hate on the Ultramarines-- but why do we do it? What is it about the Thirteenth Legion that's so very despicable? Their color scheme is decent, they're the sort of epitome of Space Marine-ness... but yet, everyone seems to hate them. So, tell me, why do you hate the Ultramarines?

Honestly, the only thing I can think of that's wrong with them is only problematic because they're the sort of iconic Space Marines-- if Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars, or Space Wolves were in the same position as the sort of GW sample models of sorts, I'd find them as unoriginal when they show up at the table as the Ultramarines. But that's it-- it really just seems like the Ultramarines player just took their cue from GW and didn't put any thought into it when they show up with 2nd Company Ultramarines. I know that's not necessarily the case, because they're a First Founding Chapter and the blue and gold was what the old Legion wore-- but really, that's the only gripe I can come up with. Does it just seem like people can't stand Space Marines in blue because the internet is a forum for anonymous bitching, or can someone enlighten me as to why people actually really do hate the Ultramarines?

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome