Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories 15-05: Patience Voting
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 11:00 PM
andygorn

These were all very enjoyable stories - all intriguing and made me want to know more about the characters and locations/history.

1st = 3 points = Adrian (Dogs of War Beyond the Scope)
Had what I imagine to be a real "sniper" feel to the story.

2nd = 2 points = Treesniffer (One Patient Knight)
I could imagine reading this as a novella with their full tales woven between these branches.

3rd = 1 point = Brother Edmund (City of Death)
Had a good "the hunter, hunted" feel to it.

M'yen Tal (Alpha Wolves) = I got a bit confused about whether it was a "sleeper-cell within a kill-team" kind of approach? But was still interesting and wanted to know more.

Brother Edmund (Training Day) = For me, this didn't quite fit the patience theme as well as the others, but I still liked reading it.

Loads of thanks to all for posting their stories...I think these ideas and writing stand up to quite a lot of in-print books (which people pay for).

Urgently trying to trace any living relatives of Private Sam/Samuel "Jock" Wilson (Black Watch, No. 6 Commando, UK Army Service ID 2764432, died 10.06.44). Any info/suggestions gratefully received.

"Mockles! Pent on silpen tree, blockards three a-feening. Mockles! What silps came to thee, in thy pantry, dreaming?"

Please check out the HOES (Heresy Online Stories) threads and vote for the tales.
More feedback = better stories for everyone.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome