Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on changing systems
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 07:31 AM
elmir

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Good example with Third.

As for a small rebuttal to Kreuger: 3rd was a clusterf*ck at the start because they did free "giveaway" rules and codexes so excisting armies could translate into new systems. Some were really badly though out (remember the AV14 wave serpents?), causing hughe imbalances.

To me, that sounds incredibly familiar at least... We'll see something similar with AoS. Communities will come up with their own balancing, roughly...

WHFB was in a rough spot... It was very much dying. If one box from 40k can match the sales of the entire WHFB game, that's really bad... But hey, at least they are still making brilliant models. It's not like models like the new Skaven, nurgle, nagash etc were so god-damn awefull that nobody wanted to buy them.

Nobody was bothering with them because they knew about the necessity of ginormeous blocks of infantry and thousands of dollars to get into the game. (and that game still excists btw).

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome