Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - whats best way to start x-wing?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 08:36 PM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Buying the starter set is crucial, otherwise you have no dice or maneuver templates. Plus you can't play Luke Skywalker in an X-Wing without the core set! I don't often use him now that my squadrons have grown, but I'd be remiss if I lacked my namesake in the game as a pilot.

Past that buy whatever you think looks cool. Upgrade cards you can print off if you'd like (I haven't met a person yet that has a problem with this) as you only get certain ones with certain ships and they aren't sold separately in booster packs (yet....FFG take note!). The great thing about this game is that even if you're playing 'weak' ships you still have a decent chance to win if you're better at planning and anticipating movements.

Either way, here's a handy list of almost every expansion pack and what comes in it for easy reference.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome