Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - How to play Deathwing 7th Edition Tactica.
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 09:55 PM
darkreever
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
Kinda interesting that I only got 1 reply on heresy but 2 pages of ongoing discussion on B&S.
Well, I know for me, after having read the title claiming this is a tactica about how to use/play the new deathwing I was rather disheartened when the first section came off as whining.

I mean when you have things like: acceptable way to play, pay to fix, and make the best of it your not starting out to strong (in my opinion at least.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
Also now instead of Belial tax we have ravenwing tax.
Actually it looks more like a 'something other than deathwing' tax. Though depending on what you take, that doesn't mean quite so much. From a quick glance, the 1st company hammerfall assault force seems like a good deathwing-like tax. Just throwing a 2k list together I came up with:

Deathwing redemption force
Belial
Daethwing command squad
-Apothecary, champion, plasmacannon, 1x pair of lightning claws, 1x thunder hammer and storm shield-
Daethwing squad
-1x Additional terminator, assault cannon, 1x pair of lightning claws, 1x thunder hammer and storm shield-
Daethwing squad
-1x Additional terminator, assault cannon, 1x pair of lightning claws, 1x thunder hammer and storm shield-
Venerable dreadnought
-Plasmacannon, drop pod, battle of Keylek legacy of glory-

1st company hammerfall assault force:
Captain
-Terminator armour, burning blade, storm shield-
Terminator squad
-Assault cannon, chainfist-
Terminator assault squad
-3x Thunder hammer and storm shield-
Land raider redeemer
-Multi melta-

Total: 2000

Nets you:
Belial
Terminator captain
17 deathwing terminators
10 non deathwing terminators
1 land raider

You start with the assault termies and captain mounted in the land raider on the board.

At 3k I'd put in the land raider spearhead, taking two normal land raiders and a second redeemer, alongside a unit of deathwing knights, and then drop a deathwing assault cannon to plasmacannon in order to be right at 3k.

Seems like a rather fun list to me.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome